MCAT Advice/Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uchihastan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd really appreciate some advice and reassurance (??) as I move from princeton review practice tests to AAMC practice tests.

Some background:
URM female w/ 3.3 uGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 4.0 GPA in smp-ish program in anatomy and physiology at GW

Alright so, I started studying for the MCAT Nov. 1 b/c that was the start of my princeton review course. Here are my scores so far:

Goal Score: 510

October 2021 AAMC FL 1 score: 492 (used as diagnostic for course)
November 2021 Princeton Review FL 1: 498
December 2021 Princeton Review FL 2: 494
January 2022 Princeton Review FL 3: 498
March 2022 Princeton Review FL 4: 503 breakdown: 124/127/125/127

So, my next FL is an AAMC test this upcoming Saturday. It will be my first AAMC FL since October. Test day is April 29, which I am committed to since I work full time and want to apply this upcoming cycle.

I guess my question to those that have used PR materials, how did your PR FL scores compare with AAMC FLs? I am extremely anxious about my score on Saturday, because I know AAMC practice tests are much better at predicting than third party tests. A couple days before my March FL, I got Uworld and have switched to using that instead of PR practice questions.

Thank you in advance and good luck to you all, wherever you are in the process currently!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Test day is April 29, which I am committed to since I work full time and want to apply this upcoming cycle.
Your most important commitment is to become a physician. If you are not at or above your target for a successful score, the commitment to an MCAT date must not take precedence.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
PR, Kaplan, Barrons etc. all tend to make their exams harder so that you get worried and buy their courses. With that being said, I believe that you should push your test out. Scores below 505 on any of practice exams suggest that content is an issue. What are your breakdowns on the others?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
PR, Kaplan, Barrons etc. all tend to make their exams harder so that you get worried and buy their courses. With that being said, I believe that you should push your test out. Scores below 505 on any of practice exams suggest that content is an issue. What are your breakdowns on the others?
Gotcha. Thank you for your insight! What is the latest I can take the MCAT and still apply this cycle? In case I do need to retake, bc my work won't give me more days off and I can't afford to quit for financial reasons. Realistically I would be happy with 507+, but 510 would of course be ideal.

I have today and tomorrow off, so I plan to focus on content review for bio and chem to see where that puts me for Saturday.

October 2021 AAMC FL 1 score: 492 (used as diagnostic for course) 121/125/122/124
November 2021 Princeton Review FL 1: 498 123/124/126/125
December 2021 Princeton Review FL 2: 494 122/125/123/124
January 2022 Princeton Review FL 3: 498 123/125/124/126
March 2022 Princeton Review FL 4: 503 breakdown: 124/127/125/127

Your most important commitment is to become a physician. If you are not at or above your target for a successful score, the commitment to an MCAT date must not take precedence.
Absolutely it is. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree, however, my job won't give me more days off, so I am trying to see what I can do to get my score up as much as I can between now and test day. I will definitely keep what you said in mind!!

Reactions: 1 users