MCAT and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedSchoolChica

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I won't be taking the MCAT until June, but once I'm able to, I want to send in my AMCAS application. Do I have to wait until I take the MCAT/get my scores, even if I'm confident in how I'll do?

Thanks to anyone who responds.
 
If you're confident that you'll do well you should go ahead and submit the AMCAS as soon as possible. But just to be safe, you can submit your AMCAS application to only one school. You'll be verified early, and after you get your scores in July you can just add the rest of the schools you want to apply to, which is a very fast process. This way you don't waste your money on all the schools if you did poorly on the MCAT (which hopefully will not be the case).
 
If you're confident that you'll do well you should go ahead and submit the AMCAS as soon as possible. But just to be safe, you can submit your AMCAS application to only one school. You'll be verified early, and after you get your scores in July you can just add the rest of the schools you want to apply to, which is a very fast process. This way you don't waste your money on all the schools if you did poorly on the MCAT (which hopefully will not be the case).

That's a great idea I hadn't thought of! Thanks