-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mcat And Sat
Started by visualwealth
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SAT: 1390
MCAT: 24R 😳
Waiting for August 2005 scores to come out. Hopefully I'll do better.
MCAT: 24R 😳
Waiting for August 2005 scores to come out. Hopefully I'll do better.
1470 (800M, 670V)
12P, 10V, 10B
there is a correlation...of course you'll get the anomalies (1100 SAT, 30+ on the MCAT/1400 SAT, <30 on MCAT). anyone who tells you THERE'S no correlation doesn't know what they're talking about. sorry to be so blunt.
12P, 10V, 10B
there is a correlation...of course you'll get the anomalies (1100 SAT, 30+ on the MCAT/1400 SAT, <30 on MCAT). anyone who tells you THERE'S no correlation doesn't know what they're talking about. sorry to be so blunt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sat: 1540 (800m/740v)
Mcat: 39q (14p/12v/13b)
Mcat: 39q (14p/12v/13b)
SAT - 1480 (780 math, 700 Verbal)
SATII - 800Bio, 760 Writing, 780Math
MCAT - 33R (10v, 11b, 12p)
Each score is based on the one and only time I took each test.
I think it's correlated, but I honestly studied/practiced 100 times longer for the MCAT to get that score.
SATII - 800Bio, 760 Writing, 780Math
MCAT - 33R (10v, 11b, 12p)
Each score is based on the one and only time I took each test.
I think it's correlated, but I honestly studied/practiced 100 times longer for the MCAT to get that score.
MCAT 32M
ACT 23
I did not study at all for the ACT as my teachers told me either you know it or you don't.
studied 12 weeks for the MCAT
ACT 23
I did not study at all for the ACT as my teachers told me either you know it or you don't.
studied 12 weeks for the MCAT
I don't remember my highest individual SAT test but I did take it 3 times.
My highest COMPOSITE was 730 math, 720 Verbal.
My MCAT was 37R.
Honestly, I'd expect a positive correlation but not necessarily a strong one. They're both standardized tests so someone who does well on one might be more likely to do well on the other. Aside from that, I don't really think you can predict much.
My highest COMPOSITE was 730 math, 720 Verbal.
My MCAT was 37R.
Honestly, I'd expect a positive correlation but not necessarily a strong one. They're both standardized tests so someone who does well on one might be more likely to do well on the other. Aside from that, I don't really think you can predict much.
I guess I'm one of the anomalies.
SAT: 1470 (800M, 670V)
SATII Math IIC: 800
August '05 MCAT: 24N (9V, 7P, 8B)
I took a course for the SAT but not for the MCAT. I promise my scores will show more of a correlation after the April '06 MCAT 🙂
SAT: 1470 (800M, 670V)
SATII Math IIC: 800
August '05 MCAT: 24N (9V, 7P, 8B)
I took a course for the SAT but not for the MCAT. I promise my scores will show more of a correlation after the April '06 MCAT 🙂
SAT:1100
MCAT: 30
I didn't really study for the SATs back in the day. I was poor,and a first generation student and didnt realize the importance of SAT. And with limited resources to prep appropriately for the SAT. As opposed to my two younger cousins, where their dad is a doctor, they've have received tutoring and given lots of resources. They have achieved near perfect scores of 1590 out of 1600. Most poorer folks are at a disadvantage when it comes to standardized exams.
MCAT: 30
I didn't really study for the SATs back in the day. I was poor,and a first generation student and didnt realize the importance of SAT. And with limited resources to prep appropriately for the SAT. As opposed to my two younger cousins, where their dad is a doctor, they've have received tutoring and given lots of resources. They have achieved near perfect scores of 1590 out of 1600. Most poorer folks are at a disadvantage when it comes to standardized exams.
SAT: 1540
ACT: 34
MCAT: 31N
Now ask me my GPA. I won't tell, b/c it's God awful 😳 Seriously though, I wish I was a normal student and hadn't f'ed up in college and could be satisfied with this stupid score, but I have to take it again to try and score in the mid-30's. I wish I wasn't a lazy jerk.
ACT: 34
MCAT: 31N
Now ask me my GPA. I won't tell, b/c it's God awful 😳 Seriously though, I wish I was a normal student and hadn't f'ed up in college and could be satisfied with this stupid score, but I have to take it again to try and score in the mid-30's. I wish I wasn't a lazy jerk.
I used to think that there wasn't much of a relationship between MCAT and SAT scores, but after reflecting on this further, I've come to the conclusion that there may be. When I first started studying, I told my friends that the MCAT was "different" from the SAT because it required "actual knowledge," blah blah blah. But after studying for it and taking it, I think that about 30-40% of the MCAT is knowledge while the rest of it is just test-taking ability. The test is unique in its format, and it's just silly a lot of regards. Just knowing your science won't get you a good score on the MCAT, unfortunately.
SAT: 1590
MCAT: 39R
I think that I did well on the SAT and MCAT because I was familiar with their formats and had established a test-taking "routine" by the time that I actually sat for them. Knowing science is good, but that's strangely not the most important requirement for a good MCAT score. *shrug*
SAT: 1590
MCAT: 39R
I think that I did well on the SAT and MCAT because I was familiar with their formats and had established a test-taking "routine" by the time that I actually sat for them. Knowing science is good, but that's strangely not the most important requirement for a good MCAT score. *shrug*
I agree. In the beginning, there were a lot of times during the science sections when I was like "God, how come I don't remember this from my classes??" before I fell into the routine of skimming through the passage again to find the answer (which was often in the passage itself).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCAT 41s
SAT I 1600
SAT II Math IIC 800
SAT II BIO 800
SAT II CHEM 800
SAT I 1600
SAT II Math IIC 800
SAT II BIO 800
SAT II CHEM 800
Sat: 1270, 1330, 1390
Mcat: 27p, 32o
Mcat: 27p, 32o
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 462
D
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 664
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 662