MCAT at Manitoba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinpra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read this a while back on this very forum that the Manitoba Med School focuses a lot on the MCATs. That is, if your GPA is remarkably less than stellar, do you still have a chance with your MCAT?

Is that right?

I am from Ontario, so an OOP student for Manitoba.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 39Q MCAT and applied to Manitoba this cycle. Rejected early January, even though they say in their manual that the MCAT is 50% of their weighting, with 10% GPA and 40% interview and extracurriculars.
Apparently they really DON'T emphasize the MCAT like they say they do.

*Edit: I'm an out-of-province applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember (I applied last year), I think the weighting is post-interview. There is still a GPA cutoff to make to be invited to an interview as an OP student.

yeah, I had a 38Q, and same deal, rejected pre-interview, was pissed, but speaking to the admissions people, they said that the pre-interview cutoffs/ranking were not in the same ratio as the final post interview ranking, where AGPA is 10% and MCAT is 50%. Ends up this year that anyone with below a 3.95/4.5 didn't get ranked for an interview. So even though a 3.92 and a 38Q may have been ranked higher than say a 4.0/4.5 and a 33Q, it didn't matter.

Hi everyone!
thank you so much for your replies. Really appreciate it! :thumbup: