MCAT books/program advice for my plans.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johncstudent32

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
New student here. I'm not looking to judge or be judged but I want to take the June exam and score between 500-505.

I am not applying to allopathic schools. I am am applying to DO master's programs or a future SMP. I am confident that this would be the route for me to medical school.

After researching this topic for an unreasonable amount of time I felt the need to ask the question here but which of the test prep books can help you get to the 500-505 mark?

Can I get there with Examkrackers and their self-study plan or do I really need to invest in something like Kaplan and a course?

My background...3.4 cumulative and 3.3 science. Got a C in orgo II and C in physics I. Those subjects are not my strong point. I did exceptionally well in Bio I and II, A&P, Micro, and Biochem.

I keep hearing that Examkrackers is "concise" and I don't know if that means that it teaches you all you need to know or if it doesn't teach you enough and you need to supplement the material with other resources. I like the look of the Examkrackers text and I think it is more engaging than the Kaplan "textbooks" but I want to make sure that the concise approach is not just for those students who knows that material inside and out and are just looking for a quick review.

I am ready for 500 hours of study for the next four months but I want to make sure I am using the right materials for my goals.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For any subject in which you feel you need more review than relearning, EK at home is more than enough.

If you need a full scale relearning, then you should prepare to supplement it with additional resources like Princeton Review.

If you find that you have more than 1-2 subjects that require full scale relearning, opt for a class that can provide extensive structure and support.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors