MCAT class advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted202457

I took AP Biology my Junior year and I made a 4. I remember most of it but I was wondering what would be the best classes to take in college to help...

Genetics
Immunology
Microbiology
Cell Biology
Dev. Biology
Anatomy and Physiology I and II

Also, will Analytical, Physical, or Inorganic Chemistry help?

Members don't see this ad.

I took AP Biology my Junior year and I made a 4. I remember most of it but I was wondering what would be the best classes to take in college to help...

Genetics
Immunology
Microbiology
Cell Biology
Dev. Biology
Anatomy and Physiology I and II

Also, will Analytical, Physical, or Inorganic Chemistry help?

Physiology was the class I got the most out of since the detailed functions of liver, kidney, heart and stuff were very foreign to me before then. A lot of the other stuff covered on the MCAT was familiar from intro BIO so the review books were enough.

Oh, and Inorganic Chemistry is covered on the MCAT (acids/bases/pka/etc.) and isn't it a pre req at most med schools?

I will take General Chemistry, which is basicly inorganic, but I was wondering if an advanced inorganic class is necessary.

I will take General Chemistry, which is basicly inorganic, but I was wondering if an advanced inorganic class is necessary.
Not at all necessary. Helpful, maybe, but not necessary. The MCAT tests BASIC science principles. You could take 101 courses in Physics/Chem/Bio/Orgo (if it exists for orgo, most consider it 200) you could theoretically do well on the mcat.

I know I will take Gen. Chem. I and II; Physics I and II; Organic I and II; Biochemistry; and I have my AP Biology credit. I have heard that Anatomy and Physiology I and II would be good choices so I wanted some opinions on classes to take outside of these.