MCAT CLASS- which one to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shsaniei2002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take an MCAT prep course this summer to prep myself for my upcoming August MCAT test date (leaving 3 months to study for it). I need to take a class because I feel it will keep me on track. I dont know whether to take the Examkrackers comprehensive course, the Berkley Review course or to stick with the traditional kaplan or princeton review (Fortunately I have the opportunity to travel to places where these courses are offered). Which classroom course is most likely going to prepare me for this test?

I know that there is no real answer to this question since this decision depends on various personal preferences.

Thanks for your advice

Members don't see this ad.

I want to take an MCAT prep course this summer to prep myself for my upcoming August MCAT test date (leaving 3 months to study for it). I need to take a class because I feel it will keep me on track. I dont know whether to take the Examkrackers comprehensive course, the Berkley Review course or to stick with the traditional kaplan or princeton review (Fortunately I have the opportunity to travel to places where these courses are offered). Which classroom course is most likely going to prepare me for this test?

I know that there is no real answer to this question since this decision depends on various personal preferences.

Thanks for your advice

I didn't use a course, but I would recommend whichever course is most affordable and most convenient. I personally liked EK books the most, but my SO loved her Kaplan course. I think that the class will keep you on track but studying on your own will put you over the top. Even if you don't take EK, I really recommend the 101 VR Passages book that they offer.

Good luck!

In general, BR is the best option if there's a class near you. The reason I can say this for BR is because it's such a small company, there's little variation between the teachers.

For Kaplan and TPR, you should sit in on a class to judge the teacher quality of your area. Teacher quality can differ greatly from area to area.

About EK, I've never heard anything good about their classroom course.