MCAT Course Choice Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmhshop

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there an online MCAT Prep course you would recommend for a student with a good background (except in P/S but taking a Sociology class this quarter) who learns much better in regularly scheduled classes vs. self study (been trying that for months and it is not going well)? The online resources are great but I am looking for an overview class that covers most of the prep material. I have looked at reviews, comparisons and websites for so many companies that it is starting to blur. The plan is to take the MCAT in April so I am hoping to find something that would start soon.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had some success with the 4.5 week summer intensive Kaplan course, but they also give out a bunch of awful strategies for CARS. My scores didn't improve much until I self-studied the month before my exam, but the course was good for getting myself into an intensive routine.
Big plus was the permanent access to a Slack channel for questions, as well as access to live and recorded Kaplan high yield content videos (I found some of these extremely helpful).

Of course, with a price tag that large, you also get access to all Kaplan and AAMC materials as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I had some success with the 4.5 week summer intensive Kaplan course, but they also give out a bunch of awful strategies for CARS. My scores didn't improve much until I self-studied the month before my exam, but the course was good for getting myself into an intensive routine.
Big plus was the permanent access to a Slack channel for questions, as well as access to live and recorded Kaplan high yield content videos (I found some of these extremely helpful).

Of course, with a price tag that large, you also get access to all Kaplan and AAMC materials as well.
Thank you - I am going to look more at Kaplan now.