MCAT data on AMCAS printout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked my AMCAS app today and noticed that now my MCAT scores are listed in the AMCAS printout (they were not there previously).

However, my bio score is still blank.

Has anybody else noticed this? Did your printouts always have your MCATs listed on them?

I took the MCAT in Aug. 99 so its not like they just now have access to this info.

Members don't see this ad.

Baylor: None of my MCAT scores are there, but then again, I just took them in April. If I remember correctly, you submitted your application pretty early, so this is probably a sign of good news that the process of transmission is in the works for you (hopefully). Good luck. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
None of mine are there. I double-checked that I released my scores AND I took the MCAT last August AND I submitted on June 22.

I guess I'll just wait longer. I don't really care what happens as long as med schools get my scores.

my scores are showing up on the print-out too!!! but like baylor21, my bio score isn't listed--only verbal, phys sci, and writing. i took the MCAT in april of 1999 and submitted my app on june 24th. but so far there are no marks next to my grades to indicate that AMCAS has verified them against my transcript. this leads to an interesting question: should i wait to print-out my app and mail it to schools until these marks begin to show up? i'm assuming that the reason my MCAT scores are suddenly showing up (they weren't there before!!) is because my app is being verified by AMCAS. if the grade verification marks show up on the print-out, couldn't my print-out be as 'official' as the transmitted app from AMCAS? hmmmm...something to think about....

Originally posted by sandflea:
•my scores are showing up on the print-out too!!! but like baylor21, my bio score isn't listed--only verbal, phys sci, and writing. i took the MCAT in april of 1999 and submitted my app on june 24th. but so far there are no marks next to my grades to indicate that AMCAS has verified them against my transcript. this leads to an interesting question: should i wait to print-out my app and mail it to schools until these marks begin to show up? i'm assuming that the reason my MCAT scores are suddenly showing up (they weren't there before!!) is because my app is being verified by AMCAS. if the grade verification marks show up on the print-out, couldn't my print-out be as 'official' as the transmitted app from AMCAS? hmmmm...something to think about....•

Sandflea,

My application status is exactly the same as yours at this point. I submitted on June 29th, 7 days after Smoke however. I sent my transcripts in a long time ago but I have never gotten the chance to verify that they were received. There are no marks next to my transcript classes, either, just like yours.

I'm just praying right now that my transcript has arrived there and they have it. I've tried calling at least 5 different times but never got thru and of course I emailed them about 10 times about it but they never respond.

baylor-

I sent all 8 of my transcripts on March 15th. When I physically went down to AMCAS last week they only had 4 of them (.500, not bad for a batting avg) that showed received March 22. The others? Who knows. So I had them resent and am going back down in a couple of weeks to follow up.

Best of luck.

Spang

I had 2/5 transcripts missing (sent March 23rd) and still have no MCAT scores from August 2000. Do you think that the bio score being missing may be a "human error" like the deletion of med schools? Sounds a lot like it. Also, do you think they are waiting to get all of your transcripts before verifying anything? I just resent the requests this week as soon as I found out (got a hold of AMCAS).

Originally posted by ATC2MD:
•I had 2/5 transcripts missing (sent March 23rd) and still have no MCAT scores from August 2000. Do you think that the bio score being missing may be a "human error" like the deletion of med schools? Sounds a lot like it. Also, do you think they are waiting to get all of your transcripts before verifying anything? I just resent the requests this week as soon as I found out (got a hold of AMCAS).•

I finally got an email from AMCAS today stating that they do have my one and only transcript so at least I dont have to worry bout that anymore.

As far as the MCAT issue, my take is that its a bug in the AMCAS printout. My bio score is still missing and it wouldnt make sense for them to just leave it off or forget to enter it in, so I'm thinking that they entered it in, but that due to some bug its not displayed in the printout.