MCAT Date Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PocketJacks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to start studying for the MCAT in about 2-4 weeks (mid-end May) but I'm not sure which MCAT date I should choose.

The earliest I could take it would probably be mid-July but realistically speaking end-July would probably be the earliest (since I'd really like to get to study for at least 2.5 months).

The dilemma arises when choosing the date because if I do it in late July and don't get a good score I'll be able to retake it in September. I was wondering whether about ~2 weeks was enough to re-study for the MCAT (since the scores would be released in late August)?

The other option would be to do it in mid-late August which would give me more time to study but it wouldn't give me the opportunity to retake it.

I'm leaning towards the August one just because of the added study time which would lessen the stress but I would most definitely have enough time to study for the late July session too.

I guess the dilemma is just whether 2 weeks (late-August to early-September) would be enough to re-study for a bad MCAT score (which I took in late July).

If it isn't, then there's no downside in taking one of the August sessions I guess.

Thanks in advance for the advice!!
:D

Members don't see this ad.