MCAT Date Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhatCoconuts?

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What date should I decide on for my MCAT with a score return of July 7th or July 14th. I understand that the applications are being submitted to schools on July 10th. However, I plan to start studying today for the MCAT and the extra week might come in useful, but at the same time 4 days after my primary is allegedly delivered to the medical schools. Would this extra 4 days put me at a disadvantage/should I just go with the July 7th date?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Take the extra week if you feel you need it based on your practice scores as your test date approaches! You would not be at a disadvantage by doing so. If you choose the July 14th option, you could submit your primary on the first day possible to just one med school, then add more schools if you are happy with your MCAT score. Hope that helps!

Take the extra week if you feel you need it based on your practice scores as your test date approaches! You would not be at a disadvantage by doing so. If you choose the July 14th option, you could submit your primary on the first day possible to just one med school, then add more schools if you are happy with your MCAT score. Hope that helps!
Thank you! Very helpful, wondering how this cycle is going to turn out this year haha.

Those 4 days won't make a difference. As long as you get your primaries submitted by the end of July, you'd be considered early, even if this were a normal cycle. Since this cycle will be far from normal and timelines will likely be shifted back by a few weeks, this shouldn't have any sort of impact on you at all.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Those 4 days won't make a difference. As long as you get your primaries submitted by the end of July, you'd be considered early, even if this were a normal cycle. Since this cycle will be far from normal and timelines will likely be shifted back by a few weeks, this shouldn't have any sort of impact on you at all.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
does primaries submitted by end of july mean they must be verified by then or just submitted and then wait for verification?