mcat difficulty theory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laxmi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
it seems like everyone thought the real mcat was harder than the practice tests? why cant aamc make them on a similar level? why not provide harder aamc tests so that test takers aren't misled. i dont understand at all

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, the last practice one I took, in regards to verbal and bio, was quite apparingly easier

I didn't think anything was harder, just the whole situation made it seem that way.

Perhaps the Fruit fly vision passage was too hard but that was about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
"i think the actual test was very comparable to AAMC 5R "

Word.

I think it depends on the form you got. I feel like the bio on my form (EH) was, without a doubt, much harder than the bio on 5R or 6R. The bio questions people are talking about from other forms seem a lot easier (but by the same token, some of the physical qs people are talking about for other forms sound harder than what I saw on the practices OR the real thing).
I don't think it was just nerves or pressure that made it seem harder. I was pretty calm and happy up until I was halfway through the bio section and realized the questions weren't getting any easier. :)