Quantcast

MCAT EXAM DATE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abn2222

Full Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
6

Members don't see this ad.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do because I have an MCAT date on May 15 that has not been canceled yet. I was wondering if I should reschedule to July now because I think July will be better for me to take it and just in case, the quarantine is extended I will have an MCAT date. Will this affect what some schools have stated as "We will accept applications from individuals who were unable to take the MCAT due to COVID-related test cancellations. "


Thanks!
 

123456student654321

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do because I have an MCAT date on May 15 that has not been canceled yet. I was wondering if I should reschedule to July now because I think July will be better for me to take it and just in case, the quarantine is extended I will have an MCAT date. Will this affect what some schools have stated as "We will accept applications from individuals who were unable to take the MCAT due to COVID-related test cancellations. "


Thanks!

My MCAT was on May 16 and I rescheduled to July 18. It's highly unlikely social distancing will end any time soon. I contemplated a lot about it and I think it's better to have an exam date in the event of a cancellation. Also, AAMC isn't cancelling till days-couple of weeks beforehand, I just couldn't wait till then.

I'm not sure how applying without an MCAT score will look though as I need a high MCAT to make my application competitive, but I'm just going to worry about that later. For now, I'm just focusing on this new study schedule and revising my PS, ECs, etc.
 

abn2222

Full Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
6
My MCAT was on May 16 and I rescheduled to July 18. It's highly unlikely social distancing will end any time soon. I contemplated a lot about it and I think it's better to have an exam date in the event of a cancellation. Also, AAMC isn't cancelling till days-couple of weeks beforehand, I just couldn't wait till then.

I'm not sure how applying without an MCAT score will look though as I need a high MCAT to make my application competitive, but I'm just going to worry about that later. For now, I'm just focusing on this new study schedule and revising my PS, ECs, etc.
Do you know if rescheduling is considered a COVID-related? because I saw that statement release. Also do you happen to know if they will be accepting applications like allowing you to submit with a pending MCAT?
 

123456student654321

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
Do you know if rescheduling is considered a COVID-related? because I saw that statement release. Also do you happen to know if they will be accepting applications like allowing you to submit with a pending MCAT?

I would assume so because they’re not waiving the mcat. In the statement, it said they would still require the students to take the mcat, assuming it resumes prior to October.
but many schools have extended their deadlines to submit a primary, so I think having a mcat score by August will still be considered "early-ish". Obv it would be ideal to be complete by June, but given this will affect so many applicants, i’m sure we won’t be at a disadvantage.
my friend spoke with a california school and they didn‘t have much of an answer other than they’re communicating w the aamc and still figuring things out. It seems like aamc will verify and send applications to med schools with pending mcat scores and then scores will be sent to individual schools once available. But, idk how they’ll compare applicants without an mcat score with complete applicants, seems unfair tbh.
 

Tyler59

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
193
Reaction score
47
Do you know if rescheduling is considered a COVID-related? because I saw that statement release. Also do you happen to know if they will be accepting applications like allowing you to submit with a pending MCAT?
They are offering being put on a "waitlist" as an option for canceled dates where you can be put on the list and will be given one of the mcat makeup dates when they become available. It is a band aid, but hopefully it pays off enough to get you a test sooner than July.
 

123456student654321

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
They are offering being put on a "waitlist" as an option for canceled dates where you can be put on the list and will be given one of the mcat makeup dates when they become available. It is a band aid, but hopefully it pays off enough to get you a test sooner than July.

oh that’s interesting.
I just saw mcat dates have been cancelled through May 21. I think all of May will be cancelled tho. Have you rescheduled then or you’re on the waitlist?
 

Tyler59

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
193
Reaction score
47
oh that’s interesting.
I just saw mcat dates have been cancelled through May 21. I think all of May will be cancelled tho. Have you rescheduled then or you’re on the waitlist?
My exam is scheduled for June 5th, if mine gets canceled (fingers crossed it does not), I am probably going to do the waitlist option. In the email the AAMC sent out like yesterday(?), it confirmed that they will be adding extra test dates at a later point. I am hoping the waitlist will put my test date into one of those slots if I get canceled, however the initial email sounded ambiguous. For now I am just going to prepare for June 5th, and then once that exam date gets canceled I will probably call the AAMC to figure out what exactly the waitlist means.
 

abn2222

Full Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
6
yeah sounds interesting! thanks for all the replies. AAMC said they'll send a follow up email and it seems that scores probably will be returned back faster!
 
Top