shock827

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Visit site
Status
I had it bad last year... (sorry people behind me) luckily this year, I got it out of the way before the test and my intestines are very thankful.

farleyisgod

you big dummy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
shock827 said:
I had it bad last year... (sorry people behind me) luckily this year, I got it out of the way before the test and my intestines are very thankful.
I think you mean..........................

.............................................................unluckily

:smuggrin: :smuggrin:

About the Ads

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Malibu!
Status
I laid a silent-but-deadly one during the verbal section. :scared:

ajnak182

MCATretaker4life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status
I resonated one off the walls when I was sitting, waiting to sign-in. I think I damaged the foundation of the building with the pure noise I made. Talk about embarassing, there were at least 20 people around me that probably heard it. I was so embarassed that I just stared at the ground and started laughing hysterically, completely red-faced. Super humiliating, but really, really funny at the same time. :laugh:

AJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Did you leave a lot to go to the bathroom? I left in EVERY section! :confused: I think b/c the room was cold. But i did make it back in record time every time! :laugh:

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status
ajnak182 said:
I resonated one off the walls when I was sitting, waiting to sign-in. I think I damaged the foundation of the building with the pure noise I made. Talk about embarassing, there were at least 20 people around me that probably heard it. I was so embarassed that I just stared at the ground and started laughing hysterically, completely red-faced. Super humiliating, but really, really funny at the same time. :laugh:

AJ
Oh man, that's great. You're getting karma for this one. :laugh: :laugh:
Nerves will do it to you everytime - at least it wasn't during the test in absolute silence.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status
pnp366 said:
Did you leave a lot to go to the bathroom? I left in EVERY section! :confused: I think b/c the room was cold. But i did make it back in record time every time! :laugh:

I wish I could have...we weren't allowed. :(

mkkelly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Michigan
Status
I got lucky on saturday :) , but the weekend before a friend and I were taking 6r in a classroom when I farted. He was on the other side of the room and within the first minute he just looked up and said "Please, Open the window" :D After 6r we talking about the diffusion rate of the fart and got a couple good laughs out of it. I think i would have been killed on saturday if i dropped those kinds of bombs.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
(nicedream) said:
I wish I could have...we weren't allowed. :(

You weren't allowed to PEE??? :scared: You should write to AAMC, saying that b/c i had to hold it in, it really distracted me. I know i would have been really distracted!

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
pnp366 said:

---What do you think PNP366 means? QUOTE]
pnp366 said:
Either it is positive-negative-positive doped-transister (flow via holes instead of electrons as in NPN) and 366 refers to a part number

or

It is the course at WashU Phil/PNP366 Art and the Mind-Brain
:)

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CanIMakeIt said:
pnp366 said:

---What do you think PNP366 means? QUOTE]
pnp366 said:
Either it is positive-negative-positive doped-transister (flow via holes instead of electrons as in NPN) and 366 refers to a part number

or

It is the course at WashU Phil/PNP366 Art and the Mind-Brain
:)
LOL i have gotten SOOOOO many different versions. You guys all have a great imagination! But it means none of that! :laugh:

About the Ads

firebird69guy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Status
My intestines turned themselves in knots... Early morning squirts turned into copius amounts of gas protruding from my anus.. at breaks I wandered around farting just about as much as I was breathing!! hahaha.. wohoo.. :laugh:

hardyharhar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
what takes the cake is when you need to sit through a long silent exam right before you get your period. if you are lucky, you will have anticipated this problem and worn, uh, protection in case the flow actually starts during the test. otherwise, you can sit there bloodying the chair and your pants if you'd rather be embarrassed than lose time running to the bathroom. Or, you can run to the bathroom if you brought protection with you. If not, pray the ladies' room has a pad dispenser. If not, pray someone else in the bathroom has feminine napkins or tampons or resort to stuffing your underwear with scratchy institutional TP. Not to mention of course the incredible gas and diarrhea that is brought on by the hormonal changes that take place just prior to and during menstruation. I actually tracked my menstrual cycle three months before April 17, 2004 in order to anticipate any such problems. In the end I couldn't conclude anything because my cycle was going haywire because I was so stressed, but I brought Mylanta Anti-Gas and pads with me in case.

Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Austin, Texas
www.google.com
Status
hardyharhar said:
what takes the cake is when you need to sit through a long silent exam right before you get your period. if you are lucky, you will have anticipated this problem and worn, uh, protection in case the flow actually starts during the test. otherwise, you can sit there bloodying the chair and your pants if you'd rather be embarrassed than lose time running to the bathroom. Or, you can run to the bathroom if you brought protection with you. If not, pray the ladies' room has a pad dispenser. If not, pray someone else in the bathroom has feminine napkins or tampons or resort to stuffing your underwear with scratchy institutional TP. Not to mention of course the incredible gas and diarrhea that is brought on by the hormonal changes that take place just prior to and during menstruation. I actually tracked my menstrual cycle three months before April 17, 2004 in order to anticipate any such problems. In the end I couldn't conclude anything because my cycle was going haywire because I was so stressed, but I brought Mylanta Anti-Gas and pads with me in case.
OMG. I have had one situation with unanticipated *flow*....ugh I can tell you it sux. I can just imagine the scenario, that would truly be horrific. I actually had my period during MCAT and it sucked cause at all odd hours I felt the need to change tampons...well little needs to be said that I had to wait for another two hours or so....the misery that womanhood brings (hehe...of course regardless I love being a woman :love: )

ajnak182

MCATretaker4life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status
wooooow.... It's times like these that I realize some of the perks of being a dude. My heart goes out to any ladies out there that had to deal with such "leakage" during the MCAT. Sitting through an 8 hour exam with that is a TRUE sign of your dedication to become a doc. Jeebus, you could probably use that in your personal statement as an example of a hardship you've faced to become a doc :idea:

AJ

no-see-um

Bindaas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Malibu!
Status
It seems like everyone faces adversity on the MCAT in their own way. I had to let one out and, LUCKILY, it turned out to be a silent but deadly! A few people said "PEW", but with the windows open it most certainly subsided and all was well in the world. Plus, I established position so that the proctor stopped walking behind me after that. :D

humerus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Can't help but to worry about turbulent gas during the MCAT. :eek:

10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I would think farting would be to your advantage. The people around you will become disoriented/distracted, and their scores go down:).

Kristiyana

Aspiring psychiatrist
10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
rogerwilco said:
I would think farting would be to your advantage. The people around you will become disoriented/distracted, and their scores go down:).
:laugh:

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:laugh: what an awesome thread to have revived two years later!

docolive

DOColive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status
Medical Student
jhk43 said:
:laugh: :laugh:
You're kidding, what a nuissance!!! I think I would get distracted by that pepe le pew business. BARF! :laugh: :laugh:

About the Ads

humerus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Well, it's like a primer for us. You know, to get you ready for the vomit, feces, necrotic tissue and other wonderful things people go "eeeew" at.

OwnageMobile

is just a moniker.
10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
a better place
Status
Non-Student
yeah, someone totally ripped ass during my VB. No one said a thing.

coralfangs

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status
im gonna rip someone a new hole if that happens in my test center

last yr, my friend took the test with aamc practice scores around 35s
the dude sitting in front of him pissed and shat himself during VB, totally freaked my friend out, he couldnt actually hear the droplets droppin onto the floor

he did BAAAD in verbal

humerus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Holy CRAP.

That dude had it bad. I can't help but to feel for him, tho. Your friend yes, but moreso the other one. You gotta wonder how HE must have felt.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Although its a good idea to eat some protein before the test so you have energy I wouldn't recommend eating any whey protein a couple days in advance (for those of you who eat it after working out), because that stuff makes you fart like mad. Or at least it makes me fart like mad...

MasterMD

it's a smile on the rocks
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status
Medical Student
pleasee..... don't eat prunes or lots of dried fruit before or during the test..... you know what happens.... :laugh:

jmnykrkts

Registered Hoser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Status
my friend was in a feminist class last year where he was basically the only dude with ~ 20 girls, many of them hot (allegedly). Anyways, after a large lunch one day he lets out a large silent fart, one of those that are dangerously close to being more than just a fart, and cuts it off as soon as he reaches the danger zone. he thinks nothing of it and carries on, taking notes and stealing glances at the ladies for the next 15 minutes or so. at some point he smells something 'funny' and he looks down and notices a brown runny stream flowing down the side of one of his white leather shoes. turns out he actually pooed himself without knowing it! he did not stick around for the rest of class.

MaluDoc

I AM A DUDE!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Medical Student
rogerwilco said:
i haven't showered in weeks, and I'm planning on downing a nice protein shake before the exam precisely for this purpose.

:D

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
jmnykrkts said:
my friend was in a feminist class last year where he was basically the only dude with ~ 20 girls, many of them hot (allegedly). Anyways, after a large lunch one day he lets out a large silent fart, one of those that are dangerously close to being more than just a fart, and cuts it off as soon as he reaches the danger zone. he thinks nothing of it and carries on, taking notes and stealing glances at the ladies for the next 15 minutes or so. at some point he smells something 'funny' and he looks down and notices a brown runny stream flowing down the side of one of his white leather shoes. turns out he actually pooed himself without knowing it! he did not stick around for the rest of class.
If I were him, I don't think I would have stuck around for the rest of the semester either!! :laugh:

supernova33418

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2006
Status
Optometry Student
cape is bloddy fustrating ! 15 pts to get into med thats the equvalent of all A's in avd chem, phys and bio, what on earth am I going to do 21 days left, any suggestions so far i have relied on all nighters staying up 48 hrs straight a few times well. i hope it pays off

About the Ads