MCAT flashcards and memorization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsilva589

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you have any advice on flashcards. Did you make your own or did you buy them? Also what do you think are the things that you should definitely memorize for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I made my own flashcards... I used Kaplan and defined every bolded term in the 7 book series. I felt this was very helpful with memorization and learning the material. Especially the process of making the flash-cards. However... this will only improve your score to an extent. The MCAT is moving away from "memorization" and more towards a "reasoning" approach.

I made my own flashcards... I used Kaplan and defined every bolded term in the 7 book series. I felt this was very helpful with memorization and learning the material. Especially the process of making the flash-cards. However... this will only improve your score to an extent. The MCAT is moving away from "memorization" and more towards a "reasoning" approach.
Thanks for the advice! I think the latter is a better approach but I figured you would still need to memorize a couple of things here and there

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally really like the MCAT QOD prep questions but some are definitely better than others. This is one of my recent posts on different thread "What helped me was just starting every day with one MCAT question and set a goal for myself to never miss a day. Since starting is always the hardest part, doing this question every day set the tone and got me started for the rest of the day. There are a few of MCAT QOD sites but I really liked Motivate MD's questions since they sent me an email every day and have legit explanations for the answers, so I actually learned something. You can sign up here: http://motivatemd.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=3e23029b05b4aa341aa8fb4f6&id=cf7defe62e. Besides that the only other material I bought were practice tests from AAMC, which also helped a ton! Hope this helps!" They also have a MCAT subscription that gives you tips and more questions - http://www.motivatemd.com/mcat-subscription-for-success.html
I've been using Next Step for my question of the day but this is a great resource! and I think doing them them first thing in the morning is a great idea. Thank you for the tips!