MCAT "Gold Standard" Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the MCAT "Gold Standard" books? If so, what do you think of them?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I bought the "Gold Standard" MCAT prep book - late in my preparation. I liked the Orgo section a lot. I never had time for much else - I used Examkrackers books primarily.

Hey, first time posting. I started studying for the MCAT first with the Gold Standard book, and thought it had excellent review material, particularly for orgo and gen chem. The practice exams follow the review material a little too closely, but what do you expect? I later moved on to MCAT 45, and found it a waste of time and money. TPR "Cracking the MCAT" follows roughly the same format as "Gold Standard," but I found it better (much better) for biology review. Didn't take the TPR practice exams, except the ones on CD-ROM. With the MCAT slightly shifting its focus towards molecular biology, the Gold Standard biology material may not be as relevant anymore, unless they make another revision. I used the 2003 version.

Hope this helps.

TigerLilies said:
Has anyone used the MCAT "Gold Standard" books? If so, what do you think of them?

Thanks!