Khiladi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
New York
Status (Visible)
i was just wondering is it fair to say that on the real MCAT, you can get about 15 wrong and get a 10 in Verbal. 17 wrong in B.S and get a 10. And about 20 wrong in P.S and get a 10.

I know curve is diff each time on the mcat, but i am just wondering how many wrong i can get away with and still get a decent score. It will put me at ease :)

limit

Molesting my inner-child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2000
New York City
Status (Visible)
The numbers you gave resemble a rather generous curve (much like one of the AAMC's... can't remember which one exactly). It's hard to predict, but just to be safe: aim at getting no more than 1-2 wrong per passage. 1 wrong per passage will guarantee a double digit score almost...mix of 1 and 2 wrongs can still give a 10 in most... 3+ wrong in any passage should definately be looked at carefully to see why and make sure it doesn't repeat itself.

good luck, and stop worrying

nero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2000
Florida
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Khiladi
i was just wondering is it fair to say that on the real MCAT, you can get about 15 wrong and get a 10 in Verbal. 17 wrong in B.S and get a 10. And about 20 wrong in P.S and get a 10.

yeah you can miss 15 in VR and still get a 10.........if you miss 17 in BS you will likely end up with a 10 or 11....likely an 11........if you miss 20 in PS liely end up wtih a 9 and if very very likely will get a 10................

these are just trends from the past couple of mcats, and while they aren't guaranteed, AAMC V adn VI are just from last year, and usually the curve doens't change that drastically from test to test........ maybe a question or so, but not like 10 questions.........so take these for what you will...i think they are pretty indicative...best of luck

nero

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.