1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

MCAT Grading Question

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Khiladi, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Khiladi

Khiladi Member

i was just wondering is it fair to say that on the real MCAT, you can get about 15 wrong and get a 10 in Verbal. 17 wrong in B.S and get a 10. And about 20 wrong in P.S and get a 10.

I know curve is diff each time on the mcat, but i am just wondering how many wrong i can get away with and still get a decent score. It will put me at ease :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child

The numbers you gave resemble a rather generous curve (much like one of the AAMC's... can't remember which one exactly). It's hard to predict, but just to be safe: aim at getting no more than 1-2 wrong per passage. 1 wrong per passage will guarantee a double digit score almost...mix of 1 and 2 wrongs can still give a 10 in most... 3+ wrong in any passage should definately be looked at carefully to see why and make sure it doesn't repeat itself.

good luck, and stop worrying

4. nero

nero Senior Member

yeah you can miss 15 in VR and still get a 10.........if you miss 17 in BS you will likely end up with a 10 or 11....likely an 11........if you miss 20 in PS liely end up wtih a 9 and if very very likely will get a 10................

these are just trends from the past couple of mcats, and while they aren't guaranteed, AAMC V adn VI are just from last year, and usually the curve doens't change that drastically from test to test........ maybe a question or so, but not like 10 questions.........so take these for what you will...i think they are pretty indicative...best of luck

nero

5. Khiladi

Khiladi Member

thnx guys.

If anyone else has any feedback, post away :)