MCAT Grading Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khiladi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering is it fair to say that on the real MCAT, you can get about 15 wrong and get a 10 in Verbal. 17 wrong in B.S and get a 10. And about 20 wrong in P.S and get a 10.

I know curve is diff each time on the mcat, but i am just wondering how many wrong i can get away with and still get a decent score. It will put me at ease :)

Members don't see this ad.

The numbers you gave resemble a rather generous curve (much like one of the AAMC's... can't remember which one exactly). It's hard to predict, but just to be safe: aim at getting no more than 1-2 wrong per passage. 1 wrong per passage will guarantee a double digit score almost...mix of 1 and 2 wrongs can still give a 10 in most... 3+ wrong in any passage should definately be looked at carefully to see why and make sure it doesn't repeat itself.

good luck, and stop worrying

Originally posted by Khiladi
i was just wondering is it fair to say that on the real MCAT, you can get about 15 wrong and get a 10 in Verbal. 17 wrong in B.S and get a 10. And about 20 wrong in P.S and get a 10.

yeah you can miss 15 in VR and still get a 10.........if you miss 17 in BS you will likely end up with a 10 or 11....likely an 11........if you miss 20 in PS liely end up wtih a 9 and if very very likely will get a 10................

these are just trends from the past couple of mcats, and while they aren't guaranteed, AAMC V adn VI are just from last year, and usually the curve doens't change that drastically from test to test........ maybe a question or so, but not like 10 questions.........so take these for what you will...i think they are pretty indicative...best of luck

nero