1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT: Having a rough time deciding when to take

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by 229141, Jan 5, 2009.

1. 229141

Pre-Medical
    I'll keep it quick. I have class until May 1st; I'm also shadowing, volunteering 10 hrs a week, researching around 15 hours a week etc. I WANT to take the May 28th MCAT so I don't apply late..but my worst night mare is taking it early and failing..

My average over 3 practice tests is a 34 but they're only practice so who knows if they mean anything.

If I studied about 12 hours a week now until May 1, then did 8 hours a day from May 1 til the 28th do you think thats enough time? Or should I post pone until June 18th?

2. futuredoctor10

Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    With a 34 practice test average, I would say take it May 28 (or even earlier in the Spring semester. If you finish your review and are scoring as desired on practices, you can move your date up).

3. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Well yeah but I want a 35 or so on the real deal. I'm just gonna study as hard as I can for May 28th, and if I am not ready I will just take it later. Not the end of the world if I have to wait a year :thumbup:

4. futuredoctor10

Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sounds like a plan and good luck to ya!

5. 229141

Pre-Medical
    Yeah- I signed up this morning for May 28th. By signing up and circling that date on my calendar I'll have that date in mind and know the clock is ticking lol. Thanks for the good luck!

6. JA Prufrock

JA Prufrock Serenity Now!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yeah I'm taking it on the 28th, as well.

141 days, 19 hours, and and 41 minutes.

but who's counting?