MCAT HELP! MileDown's ANKI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jay2312

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I need help with my MCAT study plan. I've been working on content review for the past month and I'm struggling to figure out what to do. I'm giving myself 6 months, now down to 5 months with a tentative test day of 6/18. I'm currently studying part-time for about 3-4 hours a day Monday-Saturday.

Study Plan:

- Phase 1 (~3 months) Content Review
Resources: Kaplan, ANKI

- Phase 2 (~1.5 months) Outside resources
Resources: Khan academy, Youtube, Uworld, JW Daily CARS

- Phase 3 (~1.5 months) Practice Questions & Full-Lenght Exams
Resources: AAMC, Full-length Exams

For the past month, I have been trying to figure out my content review. The first two weeks I tried to read a chapter a day and take notes. This method was taking forever and I felt like I wasn't retaining any of the information. Then I tried creating my own ANKI cards. This was also time-consuming and I felt like I was more focused on making my cards than actually trying to understand the material. After those two trials, I decided to take a week off and research ways to improve my content review. I found MileDown's ANKI deck, which has been extremely helpful.

All throughout this week, I've been reading a chapter passively without taking notes or making ANKI cards and working on about 20 ANKI cards from the deck, like Before reading the chapter feels like a waste of time, should I just focus on doing the MileDown's ANKI deck for the rest of my content review (2 months) and not worry about reading the Kaplan bookset? Does anyone have any other tips or similar experiences?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank you!
Jay.

Members don't see this ad.

You basically had the same schedule as me, except I studied about 8-9 hours in Saturday’s to check where I was at the study plan.

I would say keep up the good work and supplement with KA for any concept you feel uneasy about.

Hello Everyone,

I need help with my MCAT study plan. I've been working on content review for the past month and I'm struggling to figure out what to do. I'm giving myself 6 months, now down to 5 months with a tentative test day of 6/18. I'm currently studying part-time for about 3-4 hours a day Monday-Saturday.

Study Plan:

- Phase 1 (~3 months) Content Review
Resources: Kaplan, ANKI

- Phase 2 (~1.5 months) Outside resources
Resources: Khan academy, Youtube, Uworld, JW Daily CARS

- Phase 3 (~1.5 months) Practice Questions & Full-Lenght Exams
Resources: AAMC, Full-length Exams

For the past month, I have been trying to figure out my content review. The first two weeks I tried to read a chapter a day and take notes. This method was taking forever and I felt like I wasn't retaining any of the information. Then I tried creating my own ANKI cards. This was also time-consuming and I felt like I was more focused on making my cards than actually trying to understand the material. After those two trials, I decided to take a week off and research ways to improve my content review. I found MileDown's ANKI deck, which has been extremely helpful.

All throughout this week, I've been reading a chapter passively without taking notes or making ANKI cards and working on about 20 ANKI cards from the deck, like Before reading the chapter feels like a waste of time, should I just focus on doing the MileDown's ANKI deck for the rest of my content review (2 months) and not worry about reading the Kaplan bookset? Does anyone have any other tips or similar experiences?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank you!
Jay.
The best parts about MileDown Anki are the video links that connect to a video. I would encourage you to give yourself permission to stop and deep dive as far as you need to go to understand a concept every time something seems unfamiliar to you. I ended up doing this to cover Biochem and it helped a LOT. If watching that initial video that is linked doesn't connect enough dots to your previous knowledge, keep going deeper and watching more videos until into it makes sense. I honestly stink at learning from reading, so this made a huge difference to me to learn from videos and to find my weaknesses this way.