MCAT improvement with courses like kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone took the MCAT, then took an MCAT course, and then took the MCAT again. Did your scores improve? Significantly?

The reason I'm asking is that I didn't take a course, but if I don't get in anywhere, I'm going to consider retaking the MCAT, among other things, to improve myself as an applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Just so you know, 200,000 people on this board will tell you to do a search on prep courses.

It's actually pretty easy. Just go to "search" and type in MCAT prep or TPR or Kaplan and you'll find several threads that address this!

I took kaplan course and it did'nt help me much.But its just my opinion ,it might work for you.
Goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
If i had to do it over, i'd buy that thick red book ($65), the AAMC printed practice materials ($dunno) and work from them. That'd save you $1300-65-dunno, which is a lot of loot, and i dont' think it helps your score too much. --Trek

bjc, you can purchase the kaplan or princeton review materials from ebay or from a friend for
about$200 which is way less than $1200 for the
live course which really isn't worth it. Also,
make sure you get the AMCAS materials that come
with it. In terms of whether they're worth it
or not - I personally think they are since they
provide a structure which you can use to help
you with your studies. At the very least, buy
the AMCAS materials (practice materials and tests) - those are definitely worth the money and
the time. Good luck.