MCAT in 2 weeks not getting the score I want :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NalT96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so my test is scheduled in 2 weeks (June 1st), and I haven't been getting the scores I want on the full lengths.

I took 3 Next Step Full Lengths and got these scores in order: 505, 504, 502
and I took AAMC Practice test #1 and got a 503.
I am freaking out and don't know what to do because my test is in 2 weeks, I just want a 510 on my actual MCAT... and I don't know if two weeks are enough to bring my score up.. please help, I don't know what to do.. also CARS is my lowest section so I know I definitely need more practice on that

Members don't see this ad.

If your AAMC FL says 503 and you want 510, postpone. Use the FL to diagnose your weaknesses and study accordingly.

A single strong MCAT showing is much more valuable than repeat performances of varying results.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, so my test is scheduled in 2 weeks (June 1st), and I haven't been getting the scores I want on the full lengths.

I am freaking out and don't know what to do because my test is in 2 weeks, I just want a 510 on my actual MCAT... and I don't know if two weeks are enough to bring my score up.. please help, I don't know what to do.. also CARS is my lowest section so I know I definitely need more practice on that
The path to medical school is a marathon, not a sprint. If you aren't ready for the test (you aren't) then you should consider postponing the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like your MCAT score...
de_beers_diamond_is_forever_commercial_shadows.2.jpg

Don't take it unless you want that undesired score to haunt you forever. FOREVER!

Reactions: 1 users
Postponing would be your best bet. You have time. Your scores aren't terribly low, but if you absolutely need a 510, every one of your objective indicators have told you that you're not going to get a 510 yet.

Of course, generally speaking people tend to do much better on test day if you look at some of the spreadsheets floating around. Kind of up to you if you want to take the leap of faith on this. I personally wouldn't.

Advice here will not help you, it will only confuse you more. Only you know if you should postpone or not. The exam is a mental game as well as an intelligence one. You can get a 510+ even with your current score. But only you know what you need to do. Trust your instincts.

Don't take it until you can consistently get your target score. Even if it means waiting a cycle.

was in your situation, took the exam anyway and got score similar to the practice exams. don't make the same mistake and postpone!! take the test when you're getting consistent solid scores.

Reactions: 1 user