MCAT in 5 days... decreasing in score on AAMC FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

52iceberg98

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing weekly practice exams for my upcoming test date and my scores are as follows:

I scored 81/83/76/81 on the aamc unscored as a diagnostic to see where i am

NS FL 1: 507 128/124/128/127
NS FL 2: 509 129/127/127/126
NS FL 3: 506 128/124/128/126
NS FL 4: 503 126/126/126/125 (ran out of stamina on this one)

AAMC FL 1: 512 129/126/130/127
AAMC FL 2: 507 128/125/128/126
AAMC FL 3: 504 128/123/128/125

On SB I scored 71% on B/B, 66% on C/P and 67% on P/S

I took the next step exams with a grain of salt because I know they aren't as consistent and predictable. I review every exam thoroughly and retrace my logic through everything, especially cars- this section is hit or miss for me. during fl 3 I felt myself loosing energy and becoming anxious over how bad i thought i did in cars lol so I don't think i decreased in score that much considering I've been really focusing on P/S

I don't know what to do about CARS- I'm going to score my exam because my C/P and B/B sections are on par, but CARS is hit or miss and its significantly decreasing and is the main contributor to my low scores :(
On CARS q pack 1 I got a 55% (most of this came from the first 6 passages which i got anywhere from 0-3/7) and a 69% on q pack 2

Is it possible for me to still pull a 510+ on the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

The last thing you want to do is to psych yourself out so close to your MCAT.

You're doing okay, you've worked hard to prepare, and there's not a whole lot more you can do at this point. Focus on going in confident and not obsessing over the practice scores - they are just practice, after all. Considering the test is scaled in a way in that it depends not only on the difficulty of your version, but also on all your peers that write with you, it is impossible to guess. My scores on the practice were a decent indication, but I actually scored better on the real exam.

So just take a deep breath, don't consider yourself a statistic and don't write yourself off as a downward trend. You'll be okay, and you've got this.

Reactions: 1 users
The last thing you want to do is to psych yourself out so close to your MCAT.

You're doing okay, you've worked hard to prepare, and there's not a whole lot more you can do at this point. Focus on going in confident and not obsessing over the practice scores - they are just practice, after all. Considering the test is scaled in a way in that it depends not only on the difficulty of your version, but also on all your peers that write with you, it is impossible to guess. My scores on the practice were a decent indication, but I actually scored better on the real exam.

So just take a deep breath, don't consider yourself a statistic and don't write yourself off as a downward trend. You'll be okay, and you've got this.
That's a good point lol. I'm hoping with the sections I'm weakest in I'll either get lucky on test day or my focus will help me out a lot. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If im being honest, looking at your scores I dont think you will score higher than 512, most likely going to score around 507. I think the best predictor of your score are the official AAMC Exams. I took about 5 FL exams, 2 Kaplan, 3 AAMC. For the AAMCs, I scored 514, 515, and 517, and then on my actual test, taken 5 days after my last AAMC FL, I scored 515. I am not saying this to freak you out, just to tell you what you should expect so you can make informed decisions based on your target score. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If im being honest, looking at your scores I dont think you will score higher than 512, most likely going to score around 507. I think the best predictor of your score are the official AAMC Exams. I took about 5 FL exams, 2 Kaplan, 3 AAMC. For the AAMCs, I scored 514, 515, and 517, and then on my actual test, taken 5 days after my last AAMC FL, I scored 515. I am not saying this to freak you out, just to tell you what you should expect so you can make informed decisions based on your target score. Good luck!
Hopefully cars will spare me and I'll be ok, thanks for your input man