MCAT in 5 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unique135

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met a fellow who had given MCAT earlier. He was friendly and seemed frank. He told me that he had crammed the whole MCAT only in five days before exam, and scored 30+ with verbal 5.

Is this a possibility? or was he just lying?

Members don't see this ad.

sure it's possible. it'd have to be a relatively smart person with a good grasp of the science. one thing that gives me pause is the 5 verbal, to be a good mcat taker you need to critically analyze text well. a 5 verbal with 12+ sciences seem somewhat implausible.

what does it matter to you though?

It doesn't matter much though,

I have been hearing that you need three months for 35+. Some have given in weeks of preparation. Simply few days of preparation sounds little weird.

lol, i guess i am trying to find where i stand and how much i need to work for 35+.

it all depends on the person. some people will never get to 35+ no matter how much time they have, some will get there with a couple of weeks, or even a few days. the key is to establish where your baseline is, identify the weaknesses, and address them one by one. the points will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I met a fellow who had given MCAT earlier. He was friendly and seemed frank. He told me that he had crammed the whole MCAT only in five days before exam, and scored 30+ with verbal 5.

Is this a possibility? or was he just lying?

Sure it's possible. However, he'd need to retake to get into a US medical school. That 5 VR would kill his app for US MD and DO schools.