MCAT in a month, should I be freaking out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lemonade123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking the MCAT September 11 and I've been studying in-depth for it for the past four weeks already. I'm taking a TPR review course, and we've only gone through half of the material (we have 4 more weeks to go for all topics to be covered). I've taken 2 AAMC practice tests already, and only scored a 22 and 24. My target score is in the low 30s. Should I be worried, even though I haven't fully reviewed all the material yet? I've just gotten a little discouraged considering I scored a 22 4 weeks ago with only a 2 point improvement since then. Should I save the rest of the practice exams until I'm finished reviewing everything?
 
I'm taking the MCAT September 11 and I've been studying in-depth for it for the past four weeks already. I'm taking a TPR review course, and we've only gone through half of the material (we have 4 more weeks to go for all topics to be covered). I've taken 2 AAMC practice tests already, and only scored a 22 and 24. My target score is in the low 30s. Should I be worried, even though I haven't fully reviewed all the material yet? I've just gotten a little discouraged considering I scored a 22 4 weeks ago with only a 2 point improvement since then. Should I save the rest of the practice exams until I'm finished reviewing everything?

Are you only through half of content review yourself? If so, I would say dont be discouraged by your scores. I would save the FLs you have left, and bury yourself deep in the material and finish content review as quickly as possible, then do 3-4 more AAMC FLs. I dont think you can accurately gauge how you do on the real one from FLs if you havent finished content review.
 
Yes, I'm going along the pace of the prep class, so I'm only through half of the content review myself. But thanks, that makes me feel so much better! I think I'll save the rest of the FLs towards the end of my review of everything
 
In theory the last month should be nothing but practice and more practice. I would get content done asap to see where yur weakness are and master them.