Jun 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I am planning on taking the MCAT in January of 2017.. however I just realized that the schedule out is for 2016. Is it safe to assume that there is going to be an MCAT in January? I am pretty much planning my life around that date. Has their always been one in January in the past?

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
There were two MCAT exams administered January 2016. https://www.kaptest.com/mcat/mcat-test/mcat-test-dates-registration. You can google older ones if you want to.

There's no guarantee that this will be the case in 2017, but it's 99%+ likely.

Worst case scenario, you take it in February or March or April, or whenever you have a chance to take it.

applesaucey

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I imagine the schedule should be similar to last year. I planned my life around the January 2016 MCAT before the schedule came out in October-ish and it worked out fine. It did get rescheduled to February at the last minute due to weather though, so I can also say that a change of a couple of weeks from what you originally plan on isn't as huge a deal as it may seem.

Meloulie07

2+ Year Member
May 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello there,

How are you? I saw your post and was searching for a study partner. I am in the processing of studying and may take it in January 2017 too. If you want we can study together. Let me know and we can go from there. Thank you for posting and hope to hear from you soon. :)

futuredrummerdoctor

This Is fine
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Really curious if the 2017 exam will be even more favorable to those who can think critically

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a thread where Jan 2017 test takers reported their scores or experiences with the test?

Mar 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
No one knows where all the Jan 2017 testers went? Is there a common thread where I can find all SDN--submitted scores? Will these be reliable?