MCAT material question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SiR99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me an examkracker study package (6th edition from 2005), examkracker 1001 questions booklets, and a few Kaplan study books from 2002.

I was wondering if these are outdated or if I could still use them to study? Does the material on the MCAT change much and do you guys think these study books will cover the current material well or if it would be better to buy new books.

I'm also going to be buying all the AAMC practice tests, but was wondering if anyone new of any online prep, which helps students get accustomed to the way the computerized MCAT is set up.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine gave me an examkracker study package (6th edition from 2005), examkracker 1001 questions booklets, and a few Kaplan study books from 2002.

I was wondering if these are outdated or if I could still use them to study? Does the material on the MCAT change much and do you guys think these study books will cover the current material well or if it would be better to buy new books.

I'm also going to be buying all the AAMC practice tests, but was wondering if anyone new of any online prep, which helps students get accustomed to the way the computerized MCAT is set up.

Thanks

This process gets expensive in a hurry take advantage of free stuff as often as possible. The MCAT is primarily a science reasoning exam after all, so the material doesn't change much from year to year. You should be good to go with your '05 stuff, but 2002 is a bit old.

The AAMC practice exams are definitely the best, even though they are based on older exams. The higher number practice tests are the most recent, so they might be a better indicator of the present day, even though genetics apparently is covered more now on the BS section.

Make sure your material doesn't mention the earth being flat. Also the core science review should be similar to material printed more recently, of course the format of the test has changed from paper to cbt so much sure to ignore stuff like that. =P

Members don't see this ad :)