1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT material question

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by SiR99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. SiR99

10+ Year Member

A friend of mine gave me an examkracker study package (6th edition from 2005), examkracker 1001 questions booklets, and a few Kaplan study books from 2002.

I was wondering if these are outdated or if I could still use them to study? Does the material on the MCAT change much and do you guys think these study books will cover the current material well or if it would be better to buy new books.

I'm also going to be buying all the AAMC practice tests, but was wondering if anyone new of any online prep, which helps students get accustomed to the way the computerized MCAT is set up.

Thanks

2. Droopy Snoopy

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This process gets expensive in a hurry take advantage of free stuff as often as possible. The MCAT is primarily a science reasoning exam after all, so the material doesn't change much from year to year. You should be good to go with your '05 stuff, but 2002 is a bit old.

3. mtrks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The AAMC practice exams are definitely the best, even though they are based on older exams. The higher number practice tests are the most recent, so they might be a better indicator of the present day, even though genetics apparently is covered more now on the BS section.

4. p30doc

p30doc Ever true and unwavering
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Make sure your material doesn't mention the earth being flat. Also the core science review should be similar to material printed more recently, of course the format of the test has changed from paper to cbt so much sure to ignore stuff like that. =P

5. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Moving to MCAT Discussion forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SiR99

10+ Year Member

Thanks alot for the responses, I really appreciate it :thumbup: