Mcat may registration crisis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theinlines

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently registered for the test on May 19 and I really would feel more comfortable taking it the 31st. Does anyone want to do is a switch? Or does anyone in the NY/Penn/Mass/New Jersey area plan on giving up their spot? Maybe we could coordinate it. PM me. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Spots in those places open up all the time. You just need to keep checking and refreshing the website! You will have to pay 70$ for the switch, though!

I'm currently registered for the test on May 19 and I really would feel more comfortable taking it the 31st. Does anyone want to do is a switch? Or does anyone in the NY/Penn/Mass/New Jersey area plan on giving up their spot? Maybe we could coordinate it. PM me. Thanks!!

Where are you located, roughly speaking? I logged into my account and I see that there are only six states offering the MCAT on that date (I guess it's one of those few I've seen that are like that, with only 6-10 states or so to choose from). There's 1:00 am spots available in Worthington, Ohio, which is approximately 9 hours driving distance from New York City If you don't mind doing the Greyhound or driving thing then you could get there on the 30th in time to take it, if the extra 10 days of studying would help you out.

wishing4md said:
Spots in those places open up all the time. You just need to keep checking and refreshing the website! You will have to pay 70$ for the switch, though!

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, because most MCAT dates are available at centers in at least 40 states, but 5/31 is one of the dates that is only available in 10 states or less: the six states that the 5/31 MCAT is being offered in are Alaska, Connecticut, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri and Ohio. Alaska seems to be out of the OP's geographic range, for obvious reasons. Kentucky, Michigan and Missouri also seem like they're too far. I mentioned the possibility above of OP traveing to Ohio to take the test, but that will probably be unappealing. I am traveling 1 hour and 20 minutes to my test center and that feels like too long to me -- I certainly don't want to do 9. Connecticut is the choice I'm sure the OP is looking for, but it seems unlikely that a spot will open up at that one center in Norwalk, Connecticut before the late registration deadline.

As i type this, there are spots for may 31 open for mass (boston), NY (westbury), New jersey (fairlawn). Those spots weren't there yesterday. you might want to "stalk" the website. And don't waste time trying to decide on if you should pick it up then on not for they go as quickly as they show up.
Good luck.