MCAT, part the second/third: What if?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

Okay, so I took it once. 24S, 6 in BS. A clear problem, methinks.

Retook it last month; couple of weeks to go until score release. Quite frankly, I'm scared that I might've screwed the pooch on PS, but we'll see.

Question is: if, by some chance, I did "questionably" in comparison to the going statistics of the ~27 applicant average / ~30 matriculant average (TX resident here) or have a disproportionately low sectional score like that, how bad of a dent is that in an app, relatively speaking, according to my MDApps profile?

Keep in mind that save for those scores, I am on the verge of being complete at all TX schools to which I'm applying. TMDSAS is submitted, as are two of three secondaries. So I've got the "early" thing down pat. Hell, I don't even think the TMDSAS has released a batch yet.

Yeah, I'm being a worrywart. What say you?

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: worrywart, I think I heard my grandma say that one time :p

But in all seriousness, I've sort of seen anecdotally that texas schools seem pretty big on gpa, and since you're good in that department and have all the ec stuff, I would imagine if you get in the upper 20's you would at least match somewhere. It looks like you've done everything you can, once those secondaries are submitted it's all in the hands of the application gods. I'd start finding some freshman premeds to sacrifice at the next full moon to maybe appease them a bit.

It looks like you've done everything you can, once those secondaries are submitted it's all in the hands of the application gods. I'd start finding some freshman premeds to sacrifice at the next full moon to maybe appease them a bit.

:laugh: Yeah, there's not much else for me to do - you're right. And I'm sure bio 1 this summer is full of gunners in their college larval stage, ripe for the toss into Asclepius's volcano.

Thanks for posting/the reassuring; here's to hoping.