MCAT picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the MCAT admissions ticket needs a current photo... do you guys think it's ok to take a pic with a digital camera, print it off, and paste it to the ticket? Or does it need to be from film?

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

Digital cameras are fine. I actually used a digital camera for the secondary applications because it was a lot cheaper making copies of it on my color printer. I had no problem.

THANK YOU daveswafford for posting that up.

I would have never thought of printing a photo and gluing it on the ticket. I was planning to get some passport size pictures at walmart.

gee, I feel relief. saved some cash. :horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I took a digital picture of myself sitting in a chair, printed it out and cut it to size to attach it to the ticket.

Raptor5
PCOM Class of 2008

Yeah I also did the digital camera thing. I just cropped it in photoshop and printed that baby out. Made mass copies for my secondaries as well. :)

Originally posted by daveswafford
So the MCAT admissions ticket needs a current photo... do you guys think it's ok to take a pic with a digital camera, print it off, and paste it to the ticket? Or does it need to be from film?

Dave

Hey dave,

I actually took a polaroid the first time I took the MCAT and cut it to fit in the square. I did use a digital camera the other time and it was fine. As long as you look similiar to your drivers license.

I also did the same thing for my secondaries as well. It just helps them put a face with the application. If you have more questions regarding the MCAT or applications, just PM me.

Aaron

This is a goofy story but it is related to the MCAT photo:

I met an aquaintance before the MCAT started and they wanted me to see their photo:confused: . it looked like.... a snapshot on a sofa.

They had the photo taken at some bar and cropped out of the photo was their hand holding the drink.

(Why I hear these stories from people I will never know)

They did it as a stress release or something...:(

Oh well, just don't waste any money your photo.