Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT picture

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by stoic, Mar 23, 2004.

1. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

So the MCAT admissions ticket needs a current photo... do you guys think it's ok to take a pic with a digital camera, print it off, and paste it to the ticket? Or does it need to be from film?

Dave

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Digital cameras are fine. I actually used a digital camera for the secondary applications because it was a lot cheaper making copies of it on my color printer. I had no problem.

3. dollarbincommon

dollarbincommon apple fritters are good
    7+ Year Member

THANK YOU daveswafford for posting that up.

I would have never thought of printing a photo and gluing it on the ticket. I was planning to get some passport size pictures at walmart.

gee, I feel relief. saved some cash. :horns:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. raptor5

raptor5 Fooled by Randomness
    15+ Year Member

Last year I took a digital picture of myself sitting in a chair, printed it out and cut it to size to attach it to the ticket.

Raptor5
    PCOM Class of 2008

5. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah I also did the digital camera thing. I just cropped it in photoshop and printed that baby out. Made mass copies for my secondaries as well. :)

6. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

thanks for the info!

7. Aaron Earles

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hey dave,

I actually took a polaroid the first time I took the MCAT and cut it to fit in the square. I did use a digital camera the other time and it was fine. As long as you look similiar to your drivers license.

I also did the same thing for my secondaries as well. It just helps them put a face with the application. If you have more questions regarding the MCAT or applications, just PM me.

Aaron

8. gioia

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    This is a goofy story but it is related to the MCAT photo:

I met an aquaintance before the MCAT started and they wanted me to see their photo:confused: . it looked like.... a snapshot on a sofa.

They had the photo taken at some bar and cropped out of the photo was their hand holding the drink.

(Why I hear these stories from people I will never know)

They did it as a stress release or something...:(

Oh well, just don't waste any money your photo.