MCAT Plan Examples

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alakazam123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone post what study plan they followed. I am absolutely lost. The Kaplan Strategy of focusing on one particular section per day throws me off, because I never feel ready with the material by the end of the day's study session. Having to balance with my MA program, etc. has been kind of difficult.

I don't know where to start studying, spend most of my time lost as to where to start, and by the time I start, it's too late in the day. It's been really frustrating and kind of draining. Which plans do you guys follow? And how did you stick to it?

I struggle with my attention span as well (feels like a curse sometimes).

Members don't see this ad.

Here are a plethora of examples of study schedules. I am privy to the memelord study guide, but that is just because it is my own lol

Any number of these examples can be helpful. Go through them and see what hives with you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You shouldn't blindly follow somebody else's study plan. Use them are guides for your own, and then make your own to cater to your weaknesses and schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that it's important to make your own schedule but I'm happy to give input. Can you give us a bit more info? Are you working full time? Full time student? When is your test date? Have you already taken all of your prereqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that it's important to make your own schedule but I'm happy to give input. Can you give us a bit more info? Are you working full time? Full time student? When is your test date? Have you already taken all of your prereqs?
Hi,

I'm a full-time student right now, but have my Master's final presentation coming up in a few weeks. I am looking for full-time opportunities currently and hope to have a full-time job by the time I finish. If not, worst-case scenario, I plan on volunteering full-time (9-5) either in a hospital or in a lab, doing research. I have taken all of my pre-reqs already. I have not finalized my test date.

My story is a bit complicated. I took it the first time, and didn't finish, therefore I voided the score. My second try, I got a 505. My third try, I took it too soon, and it dropped to a 496. Fourth time around, I forgot to cancel on time, and I wasn't ready, and did a no-show. Therefore, I got shut out from registering for a new exam until the beginning of 2020.

So, I'm in a bit of a tight spot right now.

Is it possible for you to not work full time while you are studying? I had to work full time for most of my MCAT studying and it was brutal. I'd never recommend that course of action if you can avoid it.

Below is a brief outline of the schedule I used when studying and working full time. I can send you a copy of my actual schedule if that is helpful, but keep in mind it will be best if you create your own schedule.

The first 6 weeks were all content review. I used Exam Krackers. I would do one chapter per night Monday through Thursday. Saturday and Sunday I would do 2 chapters a day. I took Fridays off. I did subjects that were easier for me (bio, P/S) during the week, and harder subjects (physics, chem) on weekends.

For weeks 6-12 I did 30 UWorld questions a day Monday-Thursday. Saturday I took a full length test. I reviewed my full length test on Sunday. If there were areas that were giving me a tough time, I mixed a little bit of subject review (mostly AK lectures or KA videos) into my studying Monday through Thursday of the following week. I still took Fridays off.

I took work off for my last 4 weeks of studying. I started taking Sundays off. Full lengths were still on Saturdays, but I didn't review them until Monday. Tuesday-Friday I did 60 UWorld questions or AAMC section bank questions per day. I only did the section bank once though.

Are you a strong reader? The MCAT is totally a reading test. If you are not a strong reader, you should work 30 minutes a day into your schedule to read. It doesn't have to be technical reading. Novels are fine.

Reactions: 1 user