MCAT practice exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Significant

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,

I took a shortened MCAT practice exam from mcatprep.com and got a 493. I got a 126 on the Psych, 124 on the bio, 122 on physical and 121 on the reasoning. I did this without any prep work. I was wondering how much I would see my score increase from 3-4 months of studying. Additionally how can I improve my reasoning.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Scores from 3rd party test companies are not reliable. You can use their materials to study, but you need to take one of the official AAMC practice or sample tests if you want a score prediction.

Reactions: 1 user
You will see your score skyrocket. As stated above, those 3rd party 1/2 lengths are unreliable (the lower your score, the more likely you will buy their study material). Just do your content review and PRACTICE with AAMC materials, since those are most like the real thing.

Reactions: 1 users
You will see your score skyrocket. As stated above, those 3rd party 1/2 lengths are unreliable (the lower your score, the more likely you will buy their study material). Just do your content review and PRACTICE with AAMC materials, since those are most like the real thing.
It's funny you mention that because I thought the same thing. If they made the practice one easy, then you wouldn't be buying the study materials. Currently I am 9 months out of taking the MCAT. I have a bunch of 2015 Kaplan study materials I got from ebay (literally spent 3 bucks per book, verbal reasoning, physics). It's just tough to set-out 8 hours to take the offical practice exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's funny you mention that because I thought the same thing. If they made the practice one easy, then you wouldn't be buying the study materials. Currently I am 9 months out of taking the MCAT. I have a bunch of 2015 Kaplan study materials I got from ebay (literally spent 3 bucks per book, verbal reasoning, physics). It's just tough to set-out 8 hours to take the offical practice exam.
9 months is plenty of time also. Dedicate yourself to mostly content review in the beginning and then transition into practice tests/questions and you’ll be golden. As you do more of the FLs you will get used to the length and timing of the sections.

Reactions: 1 user
9 months is plenty of time also. Dedicate yourself to mostly content review in the beginning and then transition into practice tests/questions and you’ll be golden. As you do more of the FLs you will get used to the length and timing of the sections.
I spent the money on the practice exam, and got a 505.