1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MCAT Practice Tests

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by amm631, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Does anyone know of a book with just a lot of good practice tests? It would be great if there were explanations. I'm already taking Kaplan, so I have access to the AAMC tests I-V.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Peregrin

Peregrin Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I really think that the AAMC tests are the best. I imagine that test V when it becomes available will be a good one that you should save for last. I thought that the actual MCAT was not significantly more difficult and my scores were similar to those that I got on those tests (my highest was a 12 on any given section, my lowest a 9, I got a 30Q)

Like I said, the AAMC are really great. Do you really need to take more than 5 practice tests?

4. modemduck

modemduck Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The Gold Standard MCAT Review has really great practice tests; however, the information content of the book is worthless. I think the problem with the AAMC tests (especially the early ones) is that they are much too easy and Kaplan tests are way to "equation..y" or fact based. I found that GS tests helped me learn the material in a new light... things that you thought you new you get a better grasp of conceptually.

Good Luck,
    modemduck

5. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

From where does one purchase these AAMC practice tests that you speak of ?

6. Peregrin

Peregrin Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Go to www.aamc.org and click around until you find the order form.