MCAT Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

amm631

Does anyone know of a book with just a lot of good practice tests? It would be great if there were explanations. I'm already taking Kaplan, so I have access to the AAMC tests I-V.

Members don't see this ad.

I really think that the AAMC tests are the best. I imagine that test V when it becomes available will be a good one that you should save for last. I thought that the actual MCAT was not significantly more difficult and my scores were similar to those that I got on those tests (my highest was a 12 on any given section, my lowest a 9, I got a 30Q)

Like I said, the AAMC are really great. Do you really need to take more than 5 practice tests?

The Gold Standard MCAT Review has really great practice tests; however, the information content of the book is worthless. I think the problem with the AAMC tests (especially the early ones) is that they are much too easy and Kaplan tests are way to "equation..y" or fact based. I found that GS tests helped me learn the material in a new light... things that you thought you new you get a better grasp of conceptually.

Good Luck,
modemduck

Members don't see this ad :)
From where does one purchase these AAMC practice tests that you speak of ?