MCAT Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ILuvScience

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
Do you think it's beneficial to take practice tests for each section just to see where I'm at currently??? I won't be taking the MCAT until next April or May but I want to be fully prepared and know my weaknesses before I even start studying. Next spring, I will be retaking Genetics ( got a "C" in it the first time), Orgo 1, and an upper division Biology class, so I don't want to be overloaded with material during that time. Previous SDNers have said to only study three months in advance, but to me....that seems kind of a short time frame. Has anyone studied on and off up until three months before and then at that time go hard at it??? My goal is to get a 33 or higher.
Thanks guys : )
 
If you have taken courses in all the material and done fairly well in those courses, 3 months should be plenty. I did a decent bit of studying last winter break, and I realized now that I should have just saved my time and enjoyed my break. I don't think it helped me at all compared to going into true grind mode this summer. It's probably better to save that practice material for when you are really immerse yourself in the material.
 
Hi all,
Do you think it's beneficial to take practice tests for each section just to see where I'm at currently??? I won't be taking the MCAT until next April or May but I want to be fully prepared and know my weaknesses before I even start studying. Next spring, I will be retaking Genetics ( got a "C" in it the first time), Orgo 1, and an upper division Biology class, so I don't want to be overloaded with material during that time. Previous SDNers have said to only study three months in advance, but to me....that seems kind of a short time frame. Has anyone studied on and off up until three months before and then at that time go hard at it??? My goal is to get a 33 or higher.
Thanks guys : )

Don't use up all your practice tests so soon. You want to save alot of them until you feel you have reviewed and practiced all the content you can. After that, start taking the tests and note questions that you got wrong and ones you guessed on/weren't sure if you had the correct reasoning for the right answer. Then review the concepts you are weak at. So take 1 or 2 practice tests right now or in the immediate future to gauge where you are at. But 9 months of studying is a very long time to study. I hope you have the dedication to stick to a study schedule that long.