MCAT prep advice please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueComet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have the 2nd edition Kaplan 7 set complete review (with online access to questions and FL passages), the exam krackers mcat review 2015 complete set (9th edition), the AAMC complete guide and all available official online AAMC material (passages, section bank, 2 FLs).

I already completed the Kaplan Chemistry book. Im a private chemistry tutor so I just used it to brush up. I have my exam in about 16 weeks.
My plan is to complete the following books for content review:

EK Biology 2
Kaplan OChem
Kaplan Biochem
EK Physics
Kaplan P/S + Khan academy.
EK Verbal Reasoning

I am planning on completing these books in this order. I will also do all EK passages for all books during my review. I plan on spending about 6-8 weeks on content review.
Afterwards, I want to go over AAMC Official Guide, do all AAMC practice problems and ALL khan academy practice problems along with one FL test a week for the last 8-10 weeks.

is this a good plan? Is there something i should do different or are there any other resources I should get or buy?
Ive also seen an anki deck on the P/S section mentioned a few times, how do i find this?

Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Dislcaimer: My MCAT score was in the 86th-88th percentile, so I am by no means a MASTER of the MCAT. I invested 150hrs over the course of 6 weeks and got my score. Vastly less than any recommended prep time, but with the way things were in my life and my school goals, it was enough. This is just my $0.02...

I think that the actual "make/model" of prep material you use makes little difference as long as it is up to date with the new test format. I would focus on quality studying time with whatever materials are available to you (I suggest using the cheapest). For what its worth, the Khan academy questions and videos were fantastic free resources.

TL;DR Just study the material, don't worry about the name on the box.

Did you take a diagnostic already to see where you're at content wise? 6-8 weeks content sound plenty, and you should especially emphasize your weaker subjects via flashcards and go through those periodically. Kaplan is very content heavy, so if you dont remember a minor detail, dont stress over it (just stress over bigger concepts lol). A diagnostic may be a good indicator where to focus some studying on.

Make sure you stick to your schedule and not fall behind! if you weren't in school, Id say that sounds like quite a long time but I understand where youre gettin at. Schedule=less stressful!

One thing I do regret: waiting too late to do AAMC material, wish I devoted a little extra time to it