MCAT Prep During Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aceegreene

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m about to start taking my pre-reqs and was advised to start at least mapping or noting down/making flash cards for my course content that overlaps with the MCAT. I found the AAMC guide to the MCAT but found that to be too detailed.

Does anyone know of any concise resource which lets one know the MCAT topics so I know what to watch out and make a note of?

Also, any other resource which can help with the mapping and eventual retention process while taking courses so that I don’t have to start from scratch when studying specifically for the MCAT?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

For long term retention, I find Anki incredibly useful. I'm not sure if there's a concise list of topics that are emphasized on the MCAT- my advice would be to do whatever you can to do well in your prereqs while actually learning the topics. Don't cram because you'll just forget everything, and try to understand the science behind what you're learning (for example, in a class such as orgo, don't just memorize a list of mechanism steps- try to understand why the mechanism behaves the way that it does). This will set you up well for when you begin studying for the MCAT.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors