MCAT Prep help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaatrp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had to reteach myself orgo since I took it ~ 6yrs ago. I first tried EK Orgo 6th Ed. It presumes the student knows a great deal of background stuff so it didn't work for me. I got TPR CBT 2nd edition and it's great. It covers all the background material which gives a solid foundation for the more complex concepts.

Best thing to do is to visit book retailers like barnes and nobles, preview some of the different books and see what will be best for you given your needs.

good luck.

You could say that you're lucky considering the MCAT doesn't test organic chemistry that much anymore :D

I've read some of these threads and it seems that there is only 1 or 2 organic chemistry passages (5-10 questions) out of 9 total passages in the biology section nowadays. In the past, when they gave the paper version, it was more like a 50% split :thumbdown:

If your goal is simply to get an 8 in each section, I think you're safe with Kaplan and Princeton Review books. All you need to know is the basic concepts that are outlined. I don't think it's really necessary to take a class to do well on the orgo section unless you're aiming for a really high score, but if you have any problems, maybe you can talk to your adviser and see if you can sit in on some orgo lectures at your school.