Mcat prep!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking the princeton review course this summer for the september mcat. My idea is this:

1) Whatever books PR gives

2) get BR physics/gen chem/ochem

3)EK verbal and 101 passages.

4)maybe get EK bio

I've read the general consensus of what books to get, but I'm wondering if any of these along with the class is overkill. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For TBR Gchem, Phys & Ochem, there are two sets of books for each of these subjects and there is quite a bit of information although I've been very impressed so far. I'm currently using only TBR Gchem & Phys and it just may take my whole winter break to finish these two. Are you just going to be using your TPR books for your content review?

For TBR Gchem, Phys & Ochem, there are two sets of books for each of these subjects and there is quite a bit of information although I've been very impressed so far. I'm currently using only TBR Gchem & Phys and it just may take my whole winter break to finish these two. Are you just going to be using your TPR books for your content review?

Well, I was planning on taking the whole TPR course during summer, and just spend most of the day going to class and then study. It is fair to say that I have no clue how many books they're going to give me, but it seems from your post that they will give a lot to read. My original plan was to go to TPR class and use their books and also supplement each subject with another book. I'm assuming right now though that this is overkill.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking of taking the princeton review course this summer for the september mcat. My idea is this:

1) Whatever books PR gives

2) get BR physics/gen chem/ochem

3)EK verbal and 101 passages.

4)maybe get EK bio

I've read the general consensus of what books to get, but I'm wondering if any of these along with the class is overkill. Thanks.

This is "my combo" pick. I would only warn that you will need alot of time to get through PR and BR. I would pick one for ochem since it not that tested anymore. Find a mix that works for you between the two.

If you put in the time, this should get you there with TPR and AAMC practice tests.

Great prep! Now, execute! :D

This is "my combo" pick. I would only warn that you will need alot of time to get through PR and BR. I would pick one for ochem since it not that tested anymore. Find a mix that works for you between the two.

If you put in the time, this should get you there with TPR and AAMC practice tests.

Great prep! Now, execute! :D

Ah, good to hear. Maybe I will stick with this plan then. However, are you saying that I shouldn't get the BR ochem?

Ah, good to hear. Maybe I will stick with this plan then. However, are you saying that I shouldn't get the BR ochem?

BR ochem books are great but it takes 4-6 hrs to get through a BR chapter with working all their passages. If you have the time, it will help. They are really indepth. I think u can get by with PR ochem books.

I was just mentioning before that since ochem is the least tested section I would spend less time on it. All that material is what I think is best, but it will take alot of time to get through.

I used a combo the second time I took because I knew the books already and what I wanted to use out of each one. The first time I took it I did not know the books that well.

BR is best for the practice passages. I think I used their content only for gchem and ochem with some selective physics. I think their torque was good for example. :thumbup:

I'm studying for the MCAT now and I must say I just LOVE the TPR books. They give you a Biological Sciences & Physical Sciences content review. You get a Sciences Review Book (practice problems) and a verbal review book. I think there is another book... but I can't remember. Their physical sciences book looks REALLY good. I used the physics part of the physical sciences to help me study for my physics test--it was way better than my textbook. The only problem is that they don't really talk about rotational kinematics and angular motion/momentum and etc.