Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCAT question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by CareRx, May 2, 2002.

1. CareRx

CareRx Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello all:
    I am a freshman and very new to the forum.
    Can anybody tell me if I need to take Biochem to get ready for MCAT? Anything else besides pre-med requirements (chemI,II, org chemI,II, bioI,II, physics, english)?

2. GODO

GODO Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Biochem will help because it goes in depth into the mterial, but I found that most of the biochem stuff they asked on the MCAT were coverd in my O-chem and biology classes. I did find that an upper level physiology class helps alot, but thats my opinion.

good luck

3. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree. Most of the stuff you see on the MCAT you will have obtained in your pre-rec courses. Howerver, I would recommend taking Biochem before marticulating to med school. Some of the schools require it anyway, so you might as well get a head start. I actually enjoyed biochem. Everything really comes together as in organic, biology and physiology.
    I will be a first year at UHS this fall; they require biochem and genetics. Genetics would also be beneficial before the MCAT; I took it in April 2001 and I had a lot of genetic-based questions on it.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me!

Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Definitely take a physiology class. Most of the biology-related questions are physiology. Also, they are going to be adding some genetics questions so that would be a good class also.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...