MCAT, really worried. tips?

Started by mdonzay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mdonzay

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad



Okay, so I have MCAT on 23rd of September, I've gone through the course and I'm trying to attemp the questions now, but I CAN'T. I don't know whyyyy! I'm so friggin worried. I keep forgetting stuff, there's a lot of learning. I've planned to go through everything again, how can I do it in a way that I retain it well? It's really important for me. I have 2 weeks onlyyyy🙁 dead scared.
 
Just start out by taking the practice tests you got from your test prep (not the AAMC ones) each day starting today. Ready through all the questions when you're done, whether you got them right or wrong, and read through every answer choice and understand why each was eliminated. For any concept you completely did not understand, make a list and study it after. set aside 10 days before your actual mcat to do all the AAMC practice tests (go in order, 3-5, 7-11) and look at each question and answer choice.
 

Okay, so I have MCAT on 23rd of September, I've gone through the course and I'm trying to attemp the questions now, but I CAN'T. I don't know whyyyy! I'm so friggin worried. I keep forgetting stuff, there's a lot of learning. I've planned to go through everything again, how can I do it in a way that I retain it well? It's really important for me. I have 2 weeks onlyyyy🙁 dead scared.

The good news is that if you plan to show up for an MCAT in the US on September 23, you won't need to know very much at all. Tha bad news is that you'll find out that you're going to be studying for the January MCAT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OP, tomorrow is the last exam date, so either you've got less than a day to study or you missed your exam and will now be taking in January instead.