MCAT Registration.... Arrgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcd

.2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else unable to even login to the MCAT registration page?

Members don't see this ad.

It's like registering for college classes all over again but worse since the entire nation is trying to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't even load the page with the test sites yet. When you say PM how late are we talking about here?

are you people trying to log in through the january date or waiting for the main page to change to April?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, we can't register for May yet?

I got kicked out of the registration page completely now :luck: .

I know! I'm so mad - I was logged in and after it got to the search page it only partially loaded. Next I got a "page cannot be displayed" and now I can't get on at all.

How frustrating!!

I was able to log in once, but it didn't connect me to the registration page and now i'm having trouble trying to log in again, ugg. I woke up early just for this!

I think the "Register for the MCAT" link is dead; I go immediately to a page not found error.

Hopefully they get it going soon... I drove all the way to Starbucks (45 min) to get a fast internet connection because I live in the boonies.

:)

I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of the registration where you put in your education...was going fine until about 8:50.

Doesn't bode well for a computerized test when they can't even make the computerized registration go smoothly...

I think the "Register for the MCAT" link is dead; I go immediately to a page not found error.

Once you get error'd like that, you don't want to hit refresh. Go back to the page that has the "Register for the MCAT" link, and do a right click "Open in New Window". That way, if it errors out, you can close it, and do another "Open in New Window" without worrying about timing out when you hit "Back"

is anybody aggravated/aggravating enough to call AAMC and see what the hell is going on?

For questions about registration and test administration:
[email protected]

The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges
Section for Applicant Assessment Services
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037

Phone: 202-828-0690
www.aamc.org/mcat

(I'm at work and can't call long distance or I would...)

Did anyone ever get on?

mine won't even go anywhere it just says cannot find server..uh oh!!

is anybody aggravated/aggravating enough to call AAMC and see what the hell is going on?
Why bother? There are a team of techs watching the system crashing around them. These are the same team of techs that told AAMC suit-and-tie types that they needed more hardware and should have a distributed system of folks logging in by time zone. They were listened to, ignored, and exactly what they predicted would happen is happening.