-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCAT Registration.... Arrgh
Started by rcd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ha! It WILL! I'm taking it on the 7th! ah, ha! So there,
but I know you are NOT in my vicinity ....![]()
LOL. i'm hoping since southerners do everythnig else slow, they'll follow my lead and rest for a while. hahaha
yeah but now the servers crashed ...
oh and before the issue was with payment online I beleive ... which is wy they pushed it back.
This is hilarious, now its not even connecting! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well said ...Why bother? There are a team of techs watching the system crashing around them. These are the same team of techs that told AAMC suit-and-tie types that they needed more hardware and should have a distributed system of folks logging in by time zone. They were listened to, ignored, and exactly what they predicted would happen is happening.
oh and before the issue was with payment online I beleive ... which is wy they pushed it back.
This is hilarious, now its not even connecting!
we don't have to pay, just let us register!!

Hmmm... I may try later.
I realize that I don't know where the SDN doom-and-gloom originated about having to register within the first 20 minutes or you won't get a seat. There still seem to be seats available for January in my area...
I realize that I don't know where the SDN doom-and-gloom originated about having to register within the first 20 minutes or you won't get a seat. There still seem to be seats available for January in my area...
so much for going to med school
sigh. and to think i dreamed of becoming a dr.
i doubt anyone will get on for a few hours ...Is it a bad idea to consider registering later in the day or will all the seats already be taken in a couple of hours?
Ij ust happened to be up since my husband left for work early and I usually have to get up early to let out my dogs ... take a break and relax. I'm sure we'll be here awhile 😎
Hmmm... I may try later.
I realize that I don't know where the SDN doom-and-gloom originated about having to register within the first 20 minutes or you won't get a seat. There still seem to be seats available for January in my area...
There aren't many testing sites near me, which is why i stress...
Please post if you get through!
certain areas will fill up fast as there are limited seats in testing centers and certain dates some pre-meds might want ... but I'm sure that everything will work out as long as people don't mind traveling within 90 miles or so ...Hmmm... I may try later.
I realize that I don't know where the SDN doom-and-gloom originated about having to register within the first 20 minutes or you won't get a seat. There still seem to be seats available for January in my area...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
certain areas will fill up fast as there are limited seats in testing centers and certain dates some pre-meds might want ... but I'm sure that everything will work out as long as people don't mind traveling within 90 miles or so ...
i only have 1 testing site within 90 miles, and considering it's the day before easter, I don't want to travel further..

Please post if you get through!
I'm at the map, but I'm CDN, so I have a few extra steps
Yeah, but if you don't get your first choice, take one a week later. Not sure I see the big problem.that is Januray though my friend
But I take your point, gradu8in2003. Sucks if there is only one within driving distance of where you live...
i think i am just going to apply to dental school. bye guys .
i'm not giving up this easy. I will WIN, AAMC. I WILL.
(now it's just figuring out how)
I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat.i only have 1 testing site within 90 miles, and considering it's the day before easter, I don't want to travel further..![]()
![]()
least they are working on it
anyone know anything good to do while we are waiting...and how much longer are you all going to wait before giving up?
study.

Yeah they probably have two guys working on it 😉
anyone know anything good to do while we are waiting...and how much longer are you all going to wait before giving up?[/QUOTE
we can just stuyd for the MCAT
Hope you guys are READING THIS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is worse than being 5 and waiting on Santa...
do they take discover
least they are working on it
hah, screw that 😛 i'm sleepy!
and how big a nerd does it make you to be studying for the mcat while registering for it... lol
i've been doing that. That will ease up the load on everything ...
i wonder if that means a small few are able to log in?
hah, screw that 😛 i'm sleepy!
and how big a nerd does it make you to be studying for the mcat while registering for it... lol
pretty big. I would do it, if it was midnight and not 8 a.m. I'm tired... didn't sleep much last night.
I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat.
Same here, sort of. While there are a few testing centers within my radius (although not too many, considering I'm in upstate NY), I won't have a car, so I'm hoping to get a ride with someone else from my school who's taking it, so I don't want to be stuck with a test center no one else chose.
I can't get passed the logon menu!
i agree.when she said that everything was working fine at 8:45, that was wrong...the website was super slow then and barely working...that is not "working fine" in my opinion
I can't get passed the logon menu!
that is the farthest I got, once. Usually i'm getting a cannot be displayed right from the "register for the mcat" link.
That's just sad...this is worse than being 5 and waiting on Santa...
I am now at the location search part of registration. I have also been attempt for the last 40 mins with 3 tabs open.
I suggest we all try to take a break for a little, its not going to do us any good as they have the servers blocked as there has admittedly been a problem. You're wasting your breath.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest we all try to take a break for a little, its not going to do us any good as they have the servers blocked as there has admittedly been a problem. You're wasting your breath.
👍 Good time to learn some medschool/residency sleep (10-15 min increments when the beeper isn't going off)
👍 Good time to learn some medschool/residency sleep (10-15 min increments when the beeper isn't going off)
its called "resting the eyes" 😉its called "resting the eyes" 😉
hehe. "watching the brain", i've heard before as well....
midn whats a time out?
well multitasking on SDN doesn't get you much sleep. 😉