MCAT registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc0307

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT reg opened up today and i also found out about the FAP program and i know i am elgible. I applied today. now in order to get a discounted price on the MCAT test, i have to register after i receive the award, which wont be for another 7 business days, my question is: how quick do seats fill up (you can tell im clueless) will i be fine to wait a week or two? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT reg opened up today and i also found out about the FAP program and i know i am elgible. I applied today. now in order to get a discounted price on the MCAT test, i have to register after i receive the award, which wont be for another 7 business days, my question is: how quick do seats fill up (you can tell im clueless) will i be fine to wait a week or two? thanks

I wouldn't worry. If you live in a very urban area, or an area with very few testing centers, expect that you will be doing some flying in the week leading up to your exam. I had friends who drove two states over to take their MCAT.
I managed to get a Sept 2 seat on the last day of registration. It wasn't my local center, but I had 2 choices within my state.

Side note:
Looking back, I'm actually glad that happened, because my "local" testing center is a 30min drive away (without traffic), and 75min with the worst possible traffic. At my actual testing center, I managed to secure a hotel room using reward points (yay free), and the building was a 5 minute walk from the testing center location. I didn't have to get up at 6am for a 30-45 min drive, I didn't have to stress about traffic or breakfast (provided by hotel). I flew in on Friday morning (should have flown in Thursday, but didn't have the points for an extra night), had a great sleep, sat for the MCAT on Saturday, relaxed at the hotel afterwards, and flew home Sunday. Other than my mistake with the morning coffee (you really don't need it, it sent my sympathetic system into overdrive), it was possibly the best MCAT experience I could have hoped for.