MCAT Resources Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mw5teach

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm about to buy my books and just wanted to get some advice on what you all are doing. If you're using different resources, I'd love to hear about them too, sort of confused. I'm planning on using SN2ED method for basic sciences review.

Thanks!
mw5teach

Members don't see this ad.

I took the old MCAT, so not sure how relevant this is for the new test, but TBR physics was great. I hadn't taken physics 2 when I took the test and felt totally comfortable with the material after using TBR and Khan Academy videos. I'm not really sure what you'll need to cover in terms of biochem, but TBR biology was super thorough and covered a lot of biochem, so I imagine that'd be good too.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Kaplan for Biology, Chad videos for the chemistries and physics (he is awesome, definitely worth the investment!) and AAMC practice tests for the old MCAT which I took a few weeks ago. Because I really don't think I did well, I have begun studying for the 2015 MCAT and am using Khan Academy currently just to get a feel for the unfamiliar stuff that will be on the new MCAT. After that I think I will grab Kaplan's Biochem and Behavioral Sciences books; Kaplan is pretty thorough and taught me everything I possibly needed to know for the biology parts of the old MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user