Non trad applicant - MCAT resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Feru007

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great day! I am creating a study plan for my MCATs and wanted to know your thoughts. I am looking to take the MCATs in 6 months. I am coming from a non-traditional background (Undergrad and Masters in Econ, business) and I last studied science courses in high school (Cambridge A-levels in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology with A*A*A*A. Basically top grades) which was about 7 years ago. I have forgotten much of the content and so I was wondering how can go about studying the content from scratch? Should I use the TPR which is quite in-depth or can I solely rely on KA + EK/UWorld? or are there any other resources I should look into to brush up my knowledge?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

KA + Kaplan for review

3rd party for practice problems (I used altius but you might like UWorld more). Also, use jackwestin for CARS TIMING practice.

Don’t forget to use rekevant AAMC materials.

Reactions: 1 user
I tutor students online for their MCAT and have been doing it since 2017. I use Kaplan and practice questions from various sources. Let me know if you’d be interested in my services! (For reference, I’m a fourth year MD student.)

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great day! I am creating a study plan for my MCATs and wanted to know your thoughts. I am looking to take the MCATs in 6 months. I am coming from a non-traditional background (Undergrad and Masters in Econ, business) and I last studied science courses in high school (Cambridge A-levels in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology with A*A*A*A. Basically top grades) which was about 7 years ago. I have forgotten much of the content and so I was wondering how can go about studying the content from scratch? Should I use the TPR which is quite in-depth or can I solely rely on KA + EK/UWorld? or are there any other resources I should look into to brush up my knowledge?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Wow, absolutely impress. I am sure that if you had taken the MCAT that summer after your A-levels, you would have killed it. Assuming that you are solid in CARS (what was your GP score?), I would just grab a set of Kaplan books and the 300/86 page document and any of the ANKI decks out there (Jack Sparrow, MileDown, etc.) Those, along with UWorld and the AAMC bundle, I think you will be just fine.