Rayneman

New Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
2
0
Status
Does anyone know when I might get my results for the April MCAT? I've heard everything from 4 to 6 to 8 weeks. I was just wondering if someone might be able to give me a more accurate date (ie. Last week of May). Thanks! Hope you all did great!
 

shock827

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
166
0
Visit site
Status
Well you gotta register to get your score on the AAMC website. It costs 20 bucks to get your score online. :D

But really I think it comes out mid June.
 
About the Ads

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
3,068
43
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
shock827 said:
Well you gotta register to get your score on the AAMC website. It costs 20 bucks to get your score online. :D
WHAT!?! You have to be kidding me! We already paid $190 to take it! AHHHH!!! :mad:
 

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
1,494
18
Status
Attending Physician
fun8stuff said:
WHAT!?! You have to be kidding me! We already paid $190 to take it! AHHHH!!! :mad:

I think the poster is just kidding ...... Its free to register :)
 

Rayneman

New Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
2
0
Status
OK, I wrote this post already, and it got deleted, so... You CAN view your results online, when they become available. All you have to do is register with AAMC and then when the time comes you can view your results, supposedly for free. Just click on the link below. And, if anyone knows the day or week that MCAT scores will be released, please feel free to tell us, we'd be very appreciative.
Lemme see my MCAT scores!
 

captbadass

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
304
0
g-ville
Visit site
Status
princeton review sent me an analysis of last saturday's mcat. first of all, they said the test was comparable to aamc6r, which is BS if you as me. i definitely thought the test saturday was more difficult. i didn't think it even compared to 6r actually. they also mentioned that the scores would be available online around june 7th. did anybody else read that analysis? how useless! could they be anymore vague. i could have written something like that without even looking at the f'ing exam. oh well, i guess that countdown begins to june 7th.

capt
 

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
3,068
43
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
captbadass said:
princeton review sent me an analysis of last saturday's mcat. first of all, they said the test was comparable to aamc6r, which is BS if you as me. i definitely thought the test saturday was more difficult. i didn't think it even compared to 6r actually. they also mentioned that the scores would be available online around june 7th. did anybody else read that analysis? how useless! could they be anymore vague. i could have written something like that without even looking at the f'ing exam. oh well, i guess that countdown begins to june 7th.

capt
I did the worst on 6R out of all practice tests! :( I did much better on 3, 4, and 7. I hope it is BS.
 

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
961
9
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I didnt think that the April 2004 MCAT was very similar to 6R.

Physical sciences: i thought that this was slightly comparable in terms of difficulty, but not in the sense of content. The way they overemphasized general chemistry actually offers no similarity to 6R.

Verbal: The verbal was kind of similar to 6R....did a lot of guess work... :(

Biological: 6R had more physiology, more cell bio/ molecular stuff. However, this test was more oriented towards genetics and evolution.

Overall, it was definitely harder than 6R
 

CH3CH2OH

born to be wild-type
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
7,930
0
36
in the (cDNA) library
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
ok, so i didn't actually take 6R (i did 3,4, and 5) but given that there are so many different forms, how can you say that ALL of the them were comparable to 6R?
 

Nuel

15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
2,991
1
Rap Group Home
Visit site
Status
thekegalman said:
I didnt think that the April 2004 MCAT was very similar to 6R.

Physical sciences: i thought that this was slightly comparable in terms of difficulty, but not in the sense of content. The way they overemphasized general chemistry actually offers no similarity to 6R.

Verbal: The verbal was kind of similar to 6R....did a lot of guess work... :(

Biological: 6R had more physiology, more cell bio/ molecular stuff. However, this test was more oriented towards genetics and evolution.

Overall, it was definitely harder than 6R
uhm, I'll disagree. I had form DK--PS :8 physics passages and 3 gen chem. so I got an emphasis on my ability to memorize equations and work with numbers--calculations were more than regular.

VR: tough, but I think I managed it--you really can't tell with this asses. guessed too :(
BS: tougher than normal, but the emphasis on genetics probably saved me. I think I destroyed the o-chem passages.

on the whole, I felt like a 22 coming out of the test. check out the "Form DK" thread or "Form Content" thread. I put the passages I had.
 

farleyisgod

you big dummy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
455
0
39
Visit site
Status
Honestly, I think TPR sends out a form letter every year. Their analysis of the one I took in August was inaccurate as hell.
 

mkkelly

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
40
0
39
Michigan
Status
I find it hard that princeton is comparing it to 6r. Are they referring to the difficulty level? It seemed that any topic that had covered on the practice exams was not on the real thing. Does princeton pay people to take the exam, just wondering how they could evaluate what was on it.
 

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
961
9
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
yeah...TPR has "tappers"...some people who take the test on behalf of the company. I read an article on the AAMC website about a lawsuit where they sued TPR for copyright infringement. These tappers then use the mcat material they memorize to structure thier review books and practice tests.

TPR was comparing the actual MCAT in terms of difficulty.
 
About the Ads