MCAT Review Material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amandeep

Having MCAT nightmares!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to SDN and this is my first post. I have actually been lurking on this board for awhile now and thought it was so great that I had to join. You guys and gals have a good support system here!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows where to find MCAT review material in Canada? Alot of you are using Kaplan, TPR, and ExamKrackers... I have taken the MCAT twice before but I only relied on TPR material offered with the in-class course.

I went to Chapters a couple of days ago and all they had were three books related to the MCAT! There were two TPR practice test books and one Kaplan one!

SO, does anybody know where I can find a better selection of MCAT review material like ExamKrackers etc in Canada?

Hopefully, there are some Canadians on this board!

Thank you. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Amandeep said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to SDN and this is my first post. I have actually been lurking on this board for awhile now and thought it was so great that I had to join. You guys and gals have a good support system here!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows where to find MCAT review material in Canada? Alot of you are using Kaplan, TPR, and ExamKrackers... I have taken the MCAT twice before but I only relied on TPR material offered with the in-class course.

I went to Chapters a couple of days ago and all they had were three books related to the MCAT! There were two TPR practice test books and one Kaplan one!

SO, does anybody know where I can find a better selection of MCAT review material like ExamKrackers etc in Canada?

Hopefully, there are some Canadians on this board!

Thank you. :p

HI!!

Actually you can buy EK on line!

Go to www.examkrackers.com

I went there to buy both my 16 MCAT minis and 101 Biology passages. They have a bookstore online that you can just buy all their materials. The shipment time is a week so I think its pretty fast.

Best of luck to you.

MDhopeful023 said:
HI!!

Actually you can buy EK on line!

Go to www.examkrackers.com

I went there to buy both my 16 MCAT minis and 101 Biology passages. They have a bookstore online that you can just buy all their materials. The shipment time is a week so I think its pretty fast.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your help. Best of luck to you as well.

If there are anymore suggestions or if anybody knows of any stores that sell a good selection of MCAT material, please reply to this post!

DO NOT go to examkrackers website to buy your stuff! Your preparing for med school, its expensive, you will be in debt, try to save your money! Buy the examkrackers package off amazon, walmart.com or even ebay. Examkrackers is good to start off with however after taking your practice tests see what areas you are weak with then use Kaplan or TPR for a more detailed understanding... Atleast thats what im doing now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I'm just a little confused. Is Examcrackers a good study aid? or are they second to Kaplan and TPR?

Looks like most people get their material from the web. Anybody know of any retail locations as well?

Thank you all for your help. Greatly appreciate it.

This is just my opinion as I am no expert at all on the different materials, but from what i have noticed is that Examkrackers gives u just what you NEED to know. It doesnt go into as much detail as say kaplan or TPR. If you havent had much experience in the different areas I would use kaplan or TPR because they give more in depth explanations. This is just a pure observation among my friends, but it seems like the examkrackers materials are the quickest way to raise your score if it is low(in the 20's) but as you gradually begin to score higher, it seems that the kaplan and TPR materials are needed. This probably has no merit but just a theory based on my observations lol