MCAT SCHEDULE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone have an MCAT study schedule for full time working individual with kids. I took the MCAT in 2018 but did not get the result I wanted so I'm scheduled to write the exam again on May 2019. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an active learner and was wondering would doing practice question on UWorld and AAMC Qbanks only be sufficient for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an active learner and was wondering would doing practice question on UWorld and AAMC Qbanks only be sufficient for the MCAT?

Doing a lot of practice questions and actively reviewing your answers are essential. But i don't think UWorld and AAMC alone are sufficient. I suggest practicing from EK 101 Passages and TPRH CARS and Science Workbooks as well. It's important to practice from as many passages and questions as possible to strengthen your test taking skills. Also do as many full length practice tests as possible under test day conditions.

Save the AAMC material for the end when you're thoroughly prepared and are closer to test day

You can learn from a passage-based study plan. That's what I did. I used TPR for CARS and TBR for the sciences (recommended by the popular study schedules) and it went quite well. The best answer explanations are found in TBR sciences and the best approach to CARS is in TPR.

Section banks are better than Q packs, but do them both. All together, what you have is not enough passages and questions. I'd recommend adding TPR CARS and EK 101 for CARS (as already mentioned) and TBR science books. That will give you all the passages you could ever need and their tricks are to die for.