MCAT score conversion tables

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odddodo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find a raw-score conversion table for any MCATs. I just want an idea of what raw score gives how many points; I realize that every test has a different scale, but I just want a general idea. I got a study book from REA, but I don't think it's accurate; it gives 15 when the raw score is about six points below the total. On the other hand, the Kaplan diagnostic that I took pretty much took off one point for each error near the top (one wrong = 14, two wrong = 13).

I'm getting the impression that the Kaplan score conversion is closer to the truth, but if so, it sounds pretty crazy. I mean, only one or two errors out of 77 or so questions for a 15?

Members don't see this ad.

odddodo said:
I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find a raw-score conversion table for any MCATs. I just want an idea of what raw score gives how many points; I realize that every test has a different scale, but I just want a general idea. I got a study book from REA, but I don't think it's accurate; it gives 15 when the raw score is about six points below the total. On the other hand, the Kaplan diagnostic that I took pretty much took off one point for each error near the top (one wrong = 14, two wrong = 13).

I'm getting the impression that the Kaplan score conversion is closer to the truth, but if so, it sounds pretty crazy. I mean, only one or two errors out of 77 or so questions for a 15?

The Kaplan scales vary with each test and although no one knows the conversion scale for the actual MCAT, it varies with each test as well.
But I think that Kaplan has the right idea because if you look at the AAMC practice tests (which are real past MCATs) one or two questions can make a huge difference. Usually, after 11 or 12 it boils down to 1 question and you need a 60 raw score on verbal to get a 15 and maybe a 75 for the BS and PS.
Why do you think no one gets a 45 and so few people get 15s on a section…it’s no easy.