MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BIH91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my MCAT score and will be applying next cycle. I got a good overall score with a 26Q but the scaled scores were very spread out with PS 07 VR 09 BS 10. I'm wondering if I should consider retaking to get my scores more consistent or should I just be happy with the overall score. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my MCAT score and will be applying next cycle. I got a good overall score with a 26Q but the scaled scores were very spread out with PS 07 VR 09 BS 10. I'm wondering if I should consider retaking to get my scores more consistent or should I just be happy with the overall score. Thanks for the advice.

Thats a good score!!! No need to retake. I would not consider your numbers spread out. Spread out would be PS 3 VR 6 BS 12...imo... You should apply with that score. you will get interviews from all the schools depending on your cGPA and sGPA. Gluck!

Hmmm, that fact that you got a 10 in BS makes me think you will be okay. I agree with podlover

Members don't see this ad :)

Your score will not hinder your application at all. Yeah, the 6 isn't great, but be mindful that some people get in with all 6's (18).

I assume you mean the 7 but that's good to hear I'll stick with what I have.

Not to sound condescending but in reality a 26 is not a good score. It is good enough for Pod school so congrats. but a 26 is around the 50-60 percentile. bleh

Not to sound condescending but in reality a 26 is not a good score. It is good enough for Pod school so congrats. but a 26 is around the 50-60 percentile. bleh

"Reality"?! What is "reality"?! Einstein has said, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

26 is in fact a "good" score for the purposes of this discussion. You need to look at world through the lens of relativity (hence the Einstein quote! :D ), and realize that 26 is a fantastic score, and is definitely in the 90th percentile for podiatry school. If we were in the allopathic boards, you would have a reasonable case, but because these are the pre-pod forums, a 26 is highly desirable.

:smuggrin: MD/DO reject???

26 is about what the middle ranked DO schools average [I think PCOM is like 26 and change].....so....

"Reality"?! What is "reality"?! Einstein has said, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

26 is in fact a "good" score for the purposes of this discussion. You need to look at world through the lens of relativity (hence the Einstein quote! :D ), and realize that 26 is a fantastic score, and is definitely in the 90th percentile for podiatry school. If we were in the allopathic boards, you would have a reasonable case, but because these are the pre-pod forums, a 26 is highly desirable.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

:smuggrin: MD/DO reject???

as well as at least half of my fellow podiatry class.

Reality meaning in terms of the number and percentile rank among people who take the test. You want to argue that there's no such thing as objectivity and everything is relative and thus subjective...fine I agree with you.